Walter Block speaking

We discussed this at our meeting today and I just wrote again to Walter and got this response. Let me know if you have a preference for when to host him for a talk via JitSi this month, and whether you have ideas about a location to host him in person on May 11.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: RE: LPSF Chair
Date: March 11, 2023 at 7:39:33 PM PST
To: Starchild sfdreamer@earthlink.net
Cc: “Dr. Michael R. Edelstein” dredelstein@threeminutetherapy.com

Dear Starchild:

I can zoom with you pretty much whenever you want, within reason. As for an in person event, I arrive in SF on wed may 10 at 9:30 pm. Probably that’s too late. I leave SF on Friday, may 12 at 1pm. So I think the only time would be on the evening of May 11, Thursday.

Best regards,

Walter

Walter E. Block, Ph.D.
Harold E. Wirth Eminent Scholar Endowed Chair and Professor of Economics
Loyola University New Orleans
6363 St. Charles Avenue, Box 15, Miller Hall 318
New Orleans, LA 70118
wblock@loyno.edu mailto:wblock@loyno.edu
tel: (504) 864-7934

From: Starchild <sfdreamer@earthlink.net mailto:sfdreamer@earthlink.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2023 9:34 PM
To: Walter Block <wblock@loyno.edu mailto:wblock@loyno.edu>
Cc: Dr. Michael R. Edelstein <dredelstein@threeminutetherapy.com mailto:dredelstein@threeminutetherapy.com>; Starchild <sfdreamer@earthlink.net mailto:sfdreamer@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: LPSF Chair

Hi Walter,

We talked about it at our monthly meeting today, and decided we’d like to see if you’re able/willing to do a remote talk via JitSi (videoconferencing software like Zoom) sometime later this month. If so, let me know which days/times work for you. Then we could also talk about setting up a special in-person event for when you’re in town in May. Do you know which evening(s) are available during your May visit?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

On Feb 10, 2023, at 8:22 PM, Walter Block <wblock@loyno.edu mailto:wblock@loyno.edu> wrote:

Dear Starchild:

Yes, I’d be happy to do a zoom meeting at your regular meeting time, but I can’t extend my stay in SF.

Best regards,

Walter

Walter E. Block, Ph.D.
New Orleans, LA 70118

Sent: Friday, February 10, 2023 3:07 AM
Cc: Dr. Michael R. Edelstein <dredelstein@threeminutetherapy.com mailto:dredelstein@threeminutetherapy.com>; Starchild <sfdreamer@earthlink.net mailto:sfdreamer@earthlink.net>

That’s too bad, Walter. But I certainly don’t want to be the cause of you getting divorced.   :-)

Would speaking to us remotely be an option? Since the onset of Covid, we’ve been meeting virtually via JitSi (videoconferencing software like Zoom) as well as in person. If that works for you, we’d have more options. 

Another alternative could be to arrange a separate speaking appearance for you in person while you are here. If you can help with that, I’m willing to do the same. Maybe you know other folks in the SF Bay Area who would show up to see/hear you? I know Jim Elwood of Liberty International (nee ISIL) hosted you last time I saw you and got a decent turnout. We haven’t had a lot of local activism or engagement lately, unfortunately. Perhaps you could ask Jim about contacting folks on his list? I’m just loathe to start changing the day/time/location of our regular monthly meetings, because there is value in having them consistent. There is always some reason to change, and once you go down that path it’s easy to lose all regularity.

Feel free to call me any time if you’d like to discuss.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))
(415) 573-7997

On Feb 9, 2023, at 10:02 PM, Walter Block <wblock@loyno.edu mailto:wblock@loyno.edu> wrote:

Dear Starchild:

My wife will divorce me if I stay an extra day. I don’t need a place to stay; I’ll be staying with Michael.

Best regards,

Walter

Walter E. Block, Ph.D.
New Orleans, LA 70118

Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2023 7:43 PM

The 13th is our regularly scheduled meeting for which we reserve a room at the SF main library. I can offer you a place to spend the night if you can stay an extra day. What is your current itinerary?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

On Feb 8, 2023, at 5:19 PM, Walter Block <wblock@loyno.edu mailto:wblock@loyno.edu> wrote:

Dear Starchild:

Could you reschedule for May 10, 11 or 12?

Best regards,

Walter

Walter E. Block, Ph.D.
New Orleans, LA 70118

Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2023 7:16 PM

Hi Walter,

Thank you for your kind offer. Our meeting that month is Saturday, May 13, from 3-5pm. Could your trip include appearing then?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

On Feb 8, 2023, at 5:11 PM, Walter Block <wblock@loyno.edu mailto:wblock@loyno.edu> wrote:

Dear Starchild:

I’ll be in SF on May 10-12. I’d like to give a talk to you and your group. Perhaps on local issues like homelessness? Anything on libertarian theory or Austrian economics.

Best regards,

Walter

Walter E. Block, Ph.D.
New Orleans, LA 70118

Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2023 5:36 PM
To: Dr. Michael R. Edelstein <dredelstein@threeminutetherapy.com mailto:dredelstein@threeminutetherapy.com>
Cc: Walter E. Block <wblock@loyno.edu mailto:wblock@loyno.edu>; Starchild <sfdreamer@earthlink.net mailto:sfdreamer@earthlink.net>

Hi Michael,

That would again be me. I was just elected at our last meeting. Hope you’ll be able to join us in person or remotely this coming Saturday. Is anything going on with Live And Let Live?

There is an anti-war rally happening in D.C. on Feb. 19 co-sponsored by the Libertarian Party and the Peoples Party, and a local “sister” rally that day in SF, although I’m not sure I’ll be participating in the local one due to the lead organizer taking it in a less libertarian direction. 

We also just ordered a bunch of outreach material from national. And hope to do a mailing to registered Libertarians soon, but would like to schedule a social first to which to invite folks in the mailing. Any ideas on that?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

On Feb 8, 2023, at 3:04 PM, Dr. Michael R. Edelstein <dredelstein@threeminutetherapy.com mailto:dredelstein@threeminutetherapy.com> wrote:

Hi Starchild,

Who currently heads the LPSF? What is his email address?

Many thanks.

Warm regards, Michael

Michael R. Edelstein, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
415-673-2848 (24/7)
http://ThreeMinuteTherapy.com http://threeminutetherapy.com/

Co-author of Three Minute Therapy http://www.threeminutetherapy.com/
with David Ramsay Steele, Ph.D.
Features help for anxiety, depression,
relationships, panic attacks, addiction