US to pay tens of billions to gamblers

From what I have read, and I need to find the original source, Uncle Sam will start paying off AIG insurance contracts on Lehman related securities. Some of the payouts will be naked bets where the purchaser of the insurance had no relation to the insured. It would be like me taking an insurance policy on Nancy Pelosi, and collecting if something unfortunate happened.

It is simply wrong for the taxpayers to pay tens of billions on these naked bets on Lehman.

should I do a press release asking Nancy Pelosi to come and explain why it is necessary to bail out gamblers? Should I join with Cindy Sheehan to make that press release?

Should I join with Cindy Sheehan to make that press release?

I think so. Ask her to reference the LP material about campaign donations versus bailout votes which you have here:

http://thirdpartywatch.com/2008/10/09/18-libertarian-candidates-ask-did-pacs-buy-a-bailout/

And you should add some summary of the numbers, perhaps just averages per party. Reporters are not going to do their own statistics calculations, but there certainly is a close correlation.

Harland Harrison
LP of San Mateo County CA

--- En date de : Dim 19.10.08, Philip Berg <philzberg@...> a écrit :