UMP and national dues abolished!

Notice from Dan Wiener, CALP Secretary:

Marcy

First the LNC votes to double national dues, then eliminates them entirely. This makes no sense on the face of it. I hope it isn't a backdoor attempt to get rid of the party's pledge. Why can't we just keep dues at a reasonable level? Now I'll bet we're all going to be inundated with fundraising letters and a bunch of rhetoric about the importance of donors. I'm not at all happy with this move.

Yours in liberty,
        <<< Starchild >>>

Notice from Dan Wiener, CALP Secretary:

Marcy

To: Amarcy Berry
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 12:26 PM
Subject: UMP and national dues abolished!

[This message was previously sent to the LPC-Officers@... reflector list, but there may have been problems with reaching everyone so I am resending this message individually.]

The Libertarian National Committee voted this weekend to abolish the Unified Membership Plan and national dues. This drastic action will have far-reaching consequences. It could make for a leaner and more efficient national Libertarian Party while encouraging greater independence on the part of state parties. Or it could drive the national LP into bankruptcy. My personal guess is the latter, but I hope I'm wrong.

In any case, all LP members in California should immediately cease sending dues for membership renewals to the national LP!!! Instead, send all membership renewals (at $25 per year) to the Libertarian Party of California state headquarters at 14547 Titus Street, Suite 214, Panorama City, CA 91402-4935.

To the extent that you can, please contact the members in your county and ask them to send their dues directly to the above address. Ignore renewal notices from the national LP which still ask for dues to be sent to the national office. From this day on, there is no guarantee that any money sent to the national LP will ever find its way back to the state or county organizations.

I'm sure everyone has a lot of questions about this upheaval. Unfortunately at this time I don't have any answers beyond what I've stated above. We'll be spending the next few weeks and months trying to sort it all out.

Daniel Wiener
CA_Secretary@LibertarianParty.info

SPONSORED LINKS

<image.tiff>

<image.tiff>

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

+ Visit your group "lpsf-discuss" on the web.

+ To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lpsf-discuss-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

+ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

<image.tiff>

Starchild:

What pledge? The non-agression pledge? If so I don't see the connection

Derek,

Yes, I mean the Non-Aggression Pledge. Right now people sign it as a condition of voting membership in the party. If there are no national dues, does that mean there is no national membership? If there is no national membership, what happens to the pledge?

Yours in liberty,
        <<< Starchild >>>