Treasurer's report for May

I will be out of town May 7-14, so I'm submitted the Treasurer's report via e-mail. Since it won't be up to date as of the meeting, I'm making it current as of the last bank statement, and will catch up again for June. Our actual current balance is about $100 less than the amount shown, since I have sent checks to state and national for $50 each, as part of Lloyd Taylor's $200 donation.

Thanks to all for the generous pizza donations, which virtually covered the cost. (The amount below includes the tip.)

Item Date Amount

Beginning balance 4-09-05 $2673.70

Receipts

Pizza fund 4-09-05 48.00

Payments

Pizza 4-09-05 51.96
Service charge 4-15-05 7.50

Ending balance 4-15-05 2762.24

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Give underprivileged students the materials they need to learn.
Bring education to life by funding a specific classroom project.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/FHLuJD/_WnJAA/cUmLAA/69cplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lpsf-activists/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    lpsf-activists-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Thank you for the Treasurer's report, Mike. And I also thank the
membership for the pizza donations.

Marcy

--- In lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com, "Acree, Michael" <acreem@o...>
wrote:

I will be out of town May 7-14, so I'm submitted the Treasurer's

report via e-mail. Since it won't be up to date as of the meeting,
I'm making it current as of the last bank statement, and will catch
up again for June. Our actual current balance is about $100 less
than the amount shown, since I have sent checks to state and national
for $50 each, as part of Lloyd Taylor's $200 donation.

Thanks to all for the generous pizza donations, which virtually

covered the cost. (The amount below includes the tip.)

Item Date Amount

Beginning balance 4-09-05 $2673.70

Receipts

Pizza fund 4-09-05 48.00

Payments

Pizza 4-09-05 51.96
Service charge 4-15-05 7.50

Ending balance 4-15-05 2762.24

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
DonorsChoose. A simple way to provide underprivileged children resources
often lacking in public schools. Fund a student project in NYC/NC today!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/EHLuJD/.WnJAA/cUmLAA/69cplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lpsf-activists/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    lpsf-activists-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

I'm completely out of LP literature, and Pride is just a few weeks away,
so I'm planning to order the following:

200 of "Is This the New Political Party You've Been Looking For?" ($20)

100 of "It's Time for a More Sensible Drug Policy" ($10)

500 of "World's Smallest Political Quiz" ($5)

If anyone has a big stash of any of these or thinks I should order more,
please let me know soon.

Kelly

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
DonorsChoose. A simple way to provide underprivileged children resources
often lacking in public schools. Fund a student project in NYC/NC today!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/EHLuJD/.WnJAA/cUmLAA/69cplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lpsf-activists/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    lpsf-activists-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Kelly,

1. I am bringing back the literature you lent to me. These are
mostly issues oriented.

2. It would be nice if we had at the Pride Celebration "A New Vision
for America". Although this brochure is more expensive than the
rest, it is eye catching, colorful, and as far as I know the only
literature that gives a concise idea of who we are as a political
party.

3. I believe Mike Acree said he was bringing his great
article "Honoring Everyone's Rights." If I am mistaken, I would
volunteer to print around 50 in my home laser printer, but I do not
see an electronic file I could print anywhere.

Marcy

--- In lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Simpson
<KellySimpson@p...> wrote:

I'm completely out of LP literature, and Pride is just a few weeks

away,

so I'm planning to order the following:

200 of "Is This the New Political Party You've Been Looking For?"

($20)

100 of "It's Time for a More Sensible Drug Policy" ($10)

500 of "World's Smallest Political Quiz" ($5)

If anyone has a big stash of any of these or thinks I should order

more,

please let me know soon.

Kelly

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Give underprivileged students the materials they need to learn.
Bring education to life by funding a specific classroom project.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/FHLuJD/_WnJAA/cUmLAA/69cplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lpsf-activists/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    lpsf-activists-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Marcie,

Thanks for responding so quickly. You are efficient about so many things!

For an explanation of the libertarian philosophy, I think the ISIL
introductory pamphlet is better than "A New Vision for America," which I
think is geared toward conservatives. (For example, it says it is bad
that the U.S. military has been used to dig wells for civilians in other
countries, but it does not say it is bad that the U.S. military has been
used to kill civilians in other countries.)

Unfortunately, most of the national LP literature is geared toward
conservatives. I think the best LP brochure is the one about drugs, and
it has a membership form, which is the main reason for buying LP
literature, I think. (We will also have LPSF membership forms, but many
of the visitors at Pride do not live in San Francisco.)

Also, Chris said he has a large supply of Mike Acree's pink brochures
and of Outright brochures.

Do you still want me to buy "A New Vision for America"? (The minimum is
$25 for 100.)

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

As our literature manager, you are the one with the final say on what
to buy; so I will leave it up to you to buy "A New Vision" or not.

However, I will sneak in my two cents' worth on LP literature in
general: Because our political party consistently gets .0000000001%
of any votes, I would have to assume that either nobody knows who we
are or everything we say makes no sense to voters; personally, I
think the former is more likely. For that reason, I have always
advocated focusing on literature that gave a concise general view of
the LP by describing in objective, "non-passionate" terms how we
stand on all major issues. If we participate in issue-oriented
events (such as the Gay Pride Celebration), we should also include
literature relevant to the issue. Finally, the LP seems allergic to
colorfulness! Our brochures remind me of the saying that we Catholics
(me included) are painfully familier with, "If Catholics advocate
being joyous, why none of us *look* joyous?" Just a thought!!

Marcy

--- In lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Simpson
<KellySimpson@p...> wrote:

Marcie,

Thanks for responding so quickly. You are efficient about so many

things!

For an explanation of the libertarian philosophy, I think the ISIL
introductory pamphlet is better than "A New Vision for America,"

which I

think is geared toward conservatives. (For example, it says it is

bad

that the U.S. military has been used to dig wells for civilians in

other

countries, but it does not say it is bad that the U.S. military has

been

used to kill civilians in other countries.)

Unfortunately, most of the national LP literature is geared toward
conservatives. I think the best LP brochure is the one about drugs,

and

it has a membership form, which is the main reason for buying LP
literature, I think. (We will also have LPSF membership forms, but

many

of the visitors at Pride do not live in San Francisco.)

Also, Chris said he has a large supply of Mike Acree's pink

brochures

and of Outright brochures.

Do you still want me to buy "A New Vision for America"? (The

minimum is

$25 for 100.)

Kelly

Subject: [lpsf-activists] Re: Ordering LP literature
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 16:07:59 -0000
From: Amarcy D. Berry <amarcyb@h...>
Reply-To: lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com
To: lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com

Kelly,

1. I am bringing back the literature you lent to me. These are
mostly issues oriented.

2. It would be nice if we had at the Pride Celebration "A New

Vision

for America". Although this brochure is more expensive than the
rest, it is eye catching, colorful, and as far as I know the only
literature that gives a concise idea of who we are as a political
party.

3. I believe Mike Acree said he was bringing his great
article "Honoring Everyone's Rights." If I am mistaken, I would
volunteer to print around 50 in my home laser printer, but I do not
see an electronic file I could print anywhere.

Marcy

--- In lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com, Kelly Simpson
<KellySimpson@p...> wrote:
> I'm completely out of LP literature, and Pride is just a few

weeks

away,
> so I'm planning to order the following:
>
> 200 of "Is This the New Political Party You've Been Looking For?"
($20)
>
> 100 of "It's Time for a More Sensible Drug Policy" ($10)
>
> 500 of "World's Smallest Political Quiz" ($5)
>
> If anyone has a big stash of any of these or thinks I should

order

more,
> please let me know soon.
>
> Kelly

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
DonorsChoose. A simple way to provide underprivileged children resources
often lacking in public schools. Fund a student project in NYC/NC today!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/EHLuJD/.WnJAA/cUmLAA/69cplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lpsf-activists/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    lpsf-activists-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Marcy,

I don't think I have the final say on what literature to buy. If anyone
does, it's the officers, and since you are the only one who "voted," I
will buy what you want. (By the way, you made some good points, and I
don't have any strong objections to buying "A New Vision for America.")
Unless someone objects, I will order the following in two or three days.

100 of "A New Vision for America" ($25)

100 of "Is This the New Political Party You've Been Looking For?" ($10)

100 of "It's Time for a More Sensible Drug Policy" ($10)

500 of "World's Smallest Political Quiz" ($5)

Kelly