TOTALLY OFF TOPIC - BUT SUCH A DEAL Save 15% at Your Local Walgreens, Friday Only

Dear All;

Just for today Walgreen's is having a 15% discount sales on selected items and 20% discount on Walgreen brands. What the hey - such a deal!!!

Is this an example of a libertarian free market response to a need to generate business and doing so through voluntarily created coupons to benefit customers to attract customers.

See the click through for printable coupons and the details. Oh yeah there are some details but still what a deal!!

Ron Getty - SF Libertarian
Hostis res Publica
Morte ai Tiranni
Dum Spiro, Pugno

Dear Ron and All,

Rats!! I missed the deal! That's because I was plugged to my computer getting together a client's financials so she could go to the bank on Monday to buy a building. As with Walgreen's, this client's opportunities are the essence of the free market. NPR's Market Place today had a segment on the "bidding wars" heating up on foreclosed properties; lots of folks who could not afford a home before are going to jump in a get one now. NPR's Market Place, again, is running segments on folks who are thriving by offering what the current market can use; a couple of days ago, it was a small business owner who fixed things like refrigerators, air conditioners, and the like.

The upside of the free market is that those who are poised to take advantage of *real* market opportunities (such as my client) do super well. The downside is that those who are not, miss out big time. Our current "Progressive" social view focuses on the later. Maybe we libertarians need to promote more of the sample deals, such as Walgreen's?

Marcy

Marcy,

Thanks for reminding me. The Walgreens at Market and Castro is open 24 hours, and I may stop by before midnight. If you can't make it to a 24-hour Walgreens, is there anything particular you'd like me to pick up for you?

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))

Dear Starchild,

No, nothing in particular I want. I just like to wonder into Walgreen's and find stuff, at good value. Just like in the old days, I used to do at Woolworth's. Thank you, Starchild, for offering to help.

Regards,

Marcy