Torch parade writeup for IPR

I've written and published an article about our plans for a Bradley Manning virtual torch parade on Independent Political Report:

http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2013/05/libertarians-organizing-virtual-national-torch-parade-for-bradley-manning/

Please take a look at it ASAP and let me know if you see anything that needs correcting or additions that should be made. I would've run it by folks for input first, but since I am an editor at IPR and can make revisions, and since I'm mostly covering stuff that has already been written up elsewhere, I decided that it would be better just to get it published sooner and give the earliest possible heads-up to (L)ibertarian activists in other parts of the country who read IPR and may wish to get involved.

I went ahead and made the Outright contact page ( http://www.outrightusa.org/joomla25/contact-us ) the point of contact at the end of the story. Hope that's not a problem, if it is just say so and I can change it. Please let me know if there are other individuals or lists not copied on this message who should be included in future communications on this project.

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))

Starchild,
Today's plans are for our own Independence Day ceremony contingent in DC, to receive the Torch. The issue of Bradley Manning's imprisonment compels singular focus and deserves the highest place on the podium in DC.

As such, we will be free to assemble in the most prominent and visible locations. Association with civil disobedience would not be advantageous.

Bradley Manning is in prison. When he is free, we can turn our attention to other issues and he can join us. Until then, his imprisonment is a threat to the solidarity necessary to be a free people.

Zak,
Will you forward this to Johnny and Kevin? It will take me a while to retrieve their addresses and I wanted to get this to Srarchild ASAP.
John

John,

I certainly hear what you're saying; Bradley Manning's torch ceremony in D.C. should be peaceful, and seems most important at this particular time. I agree we should make clear it's a separate event if anyone asks, but I think it doesn't hurt to mention in libertarian circles especially that Adam's thing is happening concurrently, as I'm sure some of his marchers will probably help speak out for Manning there as well. The fact of both events happening might give some folks more impetus to show up. Also, the more opportunities for cross-pollination among people focused on different aspects of the struggle for freedom (e.g. civil liberties supporters, gun rights activists, GLBTQ folks) the better, it seems to me. Do you think I should word anything differently in the IPR piece? Anyone else?

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))

If you think we could do an open carry in the Bradley Manning contingent in the Pride Parade, we could get away with planning it in DC.

But I don't think so.

Bringing 2A into the issue will derail the broadest Manning coalition. It must be fully formed and highly focused. If there is a spontaneous conjoining of elements in DC, that's another matter.

Starchild,
Say anything different? I don't know.
It may not be a good idea to give people the impression we would do a DC reception with Kokesh, when we know we are planning something else.
John.

In another way of looking at it, I might work if Elsberg and Kokesh can share the same stage. But I don't think they can. It is two different leagues. Elsberg is major league. Kokesh is in the minors.

But we should check with Daniel ASAP to get his opinion.

Well, when we have more specific plans, I can always do a follow-up piece. If we don't at this point, perhaps better not to replace something with nothing.

Love & Liberty,
                                ((( starchild )))

Sure, it would show the evolution of our political sophistication and determination to win liberty.

But if not published yet, make sure to mention we are aligning a broad coalition especially anti-war elements.

Thanks a million to Starchild and John and Shipley for the initiative on this. I was personally pleased to see the link to Kokesh’s march, but don’t have a strong opinion at this point about political advisability. Even if his march ends badly, however (a plant in his contingent firing a shot, and people getting killed as a result), it might not hurt us to be linked to it. John’s point about our broad coalition is a good one.

(Attachment image001.jpg is missing)

(Attachment image002.jpg is missing)

Thanks,
Yes, this is not about my personal viewpoints and interests, it is about Bradley Manning's freedom. There are plenty enough people in the US to secure this objective if we align them on this objective alone.

It would ONLY be when another interest can deliver this objective, that we would include it in our focus.
John

Cc: "lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com" <lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com>; Outright Libertarians-Pacific <OutrightPacific@yahoogroups.com>; LPSF Activist List <lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com>; "zakrevolution@..." <zakrevolution@...>; The Mikester <mikester420@...>; Angela Keaton <angela@...>; Ernest Hancock <ernesthancock@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:39 AM
Subject: RE: [OutrightLibertarians] Re: [lpsf-discuss] Torch parade writeup for IPR

Thanks a million to Starchild and John and Shipley for the initiative on this. I was personally pleased to see the link to Kokesh’s march, but don’t have a strong opinion at this point about political advisability. Even if his march ends badly, however (a plant in his contingent firing a shot, and people getting killed as a result), it might not hurt us to be linked to it. John’s point about our broad coalition is a good one.

From:OutrightLibertarians@yahoogroups.com [mailto:OutrightLibertarians@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Bechtol
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:33 AM
To: OutrightLibertarians@yahoogroups.com
Cc: lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com; Outright Libertarians-Pacific; LPSF Activist List; zakrevolution@...; The Mikester; Angela Keaton; Ernest Hancock
Subject: Re: [OutrightLibertarians] Re: [lpsf-discuss] Torch parade writeup for IPR

Sure, it would show the evolution of our political sophistication and determination to win liberty.

But if not published yet, make sure to mention we are aligning a broad coalition especially anti-war elements.

Cc: "lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com" <lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com>; Outright Libertarians-Pacific <OutrightPacific@yahoogroups.com>; LPSF Activist List <lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com>; "zakrevolution@..." <zakrevolution@...>; The Mikester <mikester420@...>; Angela Keaton <angela@...>; Ernest Hancock <ernesthancock@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: [OutrightLibertarians] Re: [lpsf-discuss] Torch parade writeup for IPR

Well, when we have more specific plans, I can always do a follow-up piece. If we don't at this point, perhaps better not to replace something with nothing.

Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))

Starchild,
It may not be a good idea to give people the impression we would do a DC reception with Kokesh, when we know we are planning something else.
John.

To: lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com
Cc: Outright Libertarian-Natl. <OutrightLibertarians@yahoogroups.com>; Outright Libertarians-Pacific <OutrightPacific@yahoogroups.com>; LPSF Activist List <lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com>; "zakrevolution@..." <zakrevolution@yahoo.com>; The Mikester <mikester420@...>; Angela Keaton <angela@angelakeaton.com>; Ernest Hancock <ernesthancock@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:25 AM
Subject: [OutrightLibertarians] Re: [lpsf-discuss] Torch parade writeup for IPR

John,

I certainly hear what you're saying; Bradley Manning's torch ceremony in D.C. should be peaceful, and seems most important at this particular time. I agree we should make clear it's a separate event if anyone asks, but I think it doesn't hurt to mention in

libertarian circles especially that Adam's thing is happening concurrently, as I'm sure some of his marchers will probably help speak out for Manning there as well. The fact of both events happening might give some folks more impetus to show up. Also, the
more opportunities for cross-pollination among people focused on different aspects of the struggle for freedom (e.g. civil liberties supporters, gun rights activists, GLBTQ folks) the better, it seems to me. Do you think I should word anything differently
in the IPR piece? Anyone else?

Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))

> Starchild,
> Today's plans are for our own Independence Day ceremony contingent in DC, to receive the Torch. The issue of Bradley Manning's imprisonment compels singular focus and deserves the highest place on the podium in DC.
>
> As such, we will be free to assemble in the most prominent and visible locations. Association with civil disobedience would not be advantageous.
>
> Bradley Manning is in prison. When he is free, we can turn our attention to other issues and he can join us. Until then, his imprisonment is a threat to the solidarity necessary to be a free people.
>
> Zak,
> Will you forward this to Johnny and Kevin? It will take me a while to retrieve their addresses and I wanted to get this to Srarchild ASAP.
> John
>
> From: Starchild <sfdreamer@earthlink.net>
> To: Outright Libertarian-Natl. <OutrightLibertarians@yahoogroups.com>; LPSF Discussion List <lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com>; Outright Libertarians-Pacific <OutrightPacific@yahoogroups.com>; LPSF Activist List <lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com>
> Cc: The Mikester <mikester420@...>; Angela Keaton <angela@...>; Ernest Hancock <ernesthancock@cox.net>
> Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:55 AM
> Subject: [lpsf-discuss] Torch parade writeup for IPR
>
>
> I've written and published an article about our plans for a Bradley Manning virtual torch parade on Independent Political Report:
>
> http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2013/05/libertarians-organizing-virtual-national-torch-parade-for-bradley-manning/
>
> Please take a look at it ASAP and let me know if you see anything that needs correcting or additions that should be made. I would've run it by folks for input first, but since I am an editor at IPR and can make revisions, and since I'm mostly covering stuff

that has already been written up elsewhere, I decided that it would be better just to get it published sooner and give the earliest possible heads-up to (L)ibertarian activists in other parts of the country who read IPR and may wish to get involved.

Imagine if we were to orchestrate this, everywhere, until Manning is freed:
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20130514/NEWS06/130519663

Cc: "lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com" <lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com>; Outright Libertarians-Pacific <OutrightPacific@yahoogroups.com>; LPSF Activist List <lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com>; "zakrevolution@..." <zakrevolution@...>; The Mikester <mikester420@...>; Angela Keaton <angela@angelakeaton.com>; Ernest Hancock <ernesthancock@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:35 AM

Thanks,
Yes, this is not about my personal viewpoints and interests, it is about Bradley Manning's freedom. There are plenty enough people in the US to secure this objective if we align them on this objective alone.

It would ONLY be when another interest can deliver this objective, that we would include it in our focus.
John

Cc: "lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com" <lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com>; Outright Libertarians-Pacific <OutrightPacific@yahoogroups.com>; LPSF Activist List <lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com>; "zakrevolution@..." <zakrevolution@...>; The Mikester <mikester420@gmail.com>; Angela Keaton <angela@...>; Ernest Hancock <ernesthancock@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:39 AM
Subject: RE: [OutrightLibertarians] Re: [lpsf-discuss] Torch parade writeup for IPR

From:OutrightLibertarians@yahoogroups.com [mailto:OutrightLibertarians@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John Bechtol
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:33 AM
Cc: lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com; Outright Libertarians-Pacific; LPSF Activist List; zakrevolution@...; The Mikester; Angela Keaton; Ernest Hancock

Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:10 AM

Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))

Starchild,
John.

To: lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com
Cc: Outright Libertarian-Natl. <OutrightLibertarians@yahoogroups.com>; Outright Libertarians-Pacific <OutrightPacific@yahoogroups.com>; LPSF Activist List <lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com>; "zakrevolution@yahoo.com" <zakrevolution@...>; The Mikester <mikester420@...>; Angela Keaton <angela@...>; Ernest Hancock <ernesthancock@cox.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 7:25 AM
Subject: [OutrightLibertarians] Re: [lpsf-discuss] Torch parade writeup for IPR

John,

I certainly hear what you're saying; Bradley Manning's torch ceremony in D.C. should be peaceful, and seems most important at this particular time. I agree we should make clear it's a separate event if anyone asks, but I think it doesn't hurt to mention in

libertarian circles especially that Adam's thing is happening concurrently, as I'm sure some of his marchers will probably help speak out for Manning there as well. The fact of both events happening might give some folks more impetus to show up. Also, the
more opportunities for cross-pollination among people focused on different aspects of the struggle for freedom (e.g. civil liberties supporters, gun rights activists, GLBTQ folks) the better, it seems to me. Do you think I should word anything differently
in the IPR piece? Anyone else?

Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))

> Starchild,
> Today's plans are for our own Independence Day ceremony contingent in DC, to receive the Torch. The issue of Bradley Manning's imprisonment compels singular focus and deserves the highest place on the podium in DC.
>
> As such, we will be free to assemble in the most prominent and visible locations. Association with civil disobedience would not be advantageous.
>
> Bradley Manning is in prison. When he is free, we can turn our attention to other issues and he can join us. Until then, his imprisonment is a threat to the solidarity necessary to be a free people.
>
> Zak,
> Will you forward this to Johnny and Kevin? It will take me a while to retrieve their addresses and I wanted to get this to Srarchild ASAP.
> John
>
> From: Starchild <sfdreamer@...>
> To: Outright Libertarian-Natl. <OutrightLibertarians@yahoogroups.com>; LPSF Discussion List <lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com>; Outright Libertarians-Pacific <OutrightPacific@yahoogroups.com>; LPSF Activist List <lpsf-activists@yahoogroups.com>
> Cc: The Mikester <mikester420@...>; Angela Keaton <angela@...>; Ernest Hancock <ernesthancock@...>
> Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:55 AM
> Subject: [lpsf-discuss] Torch parade writeup for IPR
>
>
> I've written and published an article about our plans for a Bradley Manning virtual torch parade on Independent Political Report:
>
> http://www.independentpoliticalreport.com/2013/05/libertarians-organizing-virtual-national-torch-parade-for-bradley-manning/
>
> Please take a look at it ASAP and let me know if you see anything that needs correcting or additions that should be made. I would've run it by folks for input first, but since I am an editor at IPR and can make revisions, and since I'm mostly covering stuff

that has already been written up elsewhere, I decided that it would be better just to get it published sooner and give the earliest possible heads-up to (L)ibertarian activists in other parts of the country who read IPR and may wish to get involved.