The Unwoke in San Francisco Seek to Recall Three School Board Members

David…while happy to continue to associate with your group, not sure they really want to have me involved. And that’s OK. I’m used to it.

So while Henry “disinvited” me to the event with Supervisor Connie (I’m not upset), it seems best if I just work through you. If you find anything I send you useful, please send it to the group yourself and copy me. That works for me.

Does that sound like a good strategy? Happy to be useful to you in any way you see fit.

Take care.

Michael Denny

I am pleased to report an unwoke revolt where it’s desperately needed.
Mishhttps://mishtalk.com/author/mish

···

[Abraham Lincoln High School]

Revolt of the Unwoke

In a Revolt of the Unwokehttps://www.wsj.com/articles/asian-american-merit-testing-racism-woke-san-francisco-collins-moliga-lopez-11627329861, three progressive San Francisco school board members are targeted for a recall.

The targets are President Gabriela López, Vice President Faauuga Moliga and Commissioner Alison M. Collins. To force a recall election, pro-recall forces need 51,325 signatures for each candidate by Sept. 7.

They already have more than half what they need, and say they now have the resources to hire professional signature gatherers for the rest. Polling shows 69% of San Francisco parents back the school-board recall-far more than the 43% in a poll last week who support recalling Gov. Gavin Newsom in the election scheduled for Sept. 14.

What Did the Woke Administrators Do?

1. Punish Asian-Americans: The school board scrapped merit-based admissions in favor of a lottery system at Lowell High School, the crown jewel of the city’s public system. Lowell is already 82% nonwhite. Ms. López, the president,asserted that a merit-based system is inherently racist.
  2. San Francisco was one of the last public school systems to reopen. It was so bad, at one point the city itself sued the school district.
  3. Ordinary citizens are upset with educators dividing America into two groups, white oppressors and nonwhite oppressed.
  4. in January the board voted to strip 44 public schools of their names, including Abraham Lincoln High over alleged complicity in racism or oppression. This was followed by an embarrassing about-face when it emerged how flimsy the criteria were.
  5. Ms. Collins was stripped of her vice president title and committee assignments when tweets from 2016 emerged, one of which accused Asian-Americans of using “white supremacist thinking to assimilate and get ahead.” Yet she remains on the board, which she is now suing for $87 million on grounds that she is the victim.

Rigged Lottery

In March, the Harmeet Dhillon, a nationally prominent Indian-American attorney and the Dhillon Law Group sent a letter threatening a lawsuithttps://www.sfchronicle.com/file/800/4/8004-20210318_Ltr_SF_BOE.pdf charging the board of education of a “rigged lottery”.

I am writing this demand letter regarding the San Francisco Board of Education’s (“Board”) February 9, 2021 5-2 vote to permanently discontinue use of merit-based admissions at Lowell High School (“Lowell”). By adopting Resolution 212-2A1, the Board improperly and illegally converted Lowell’s carefully crafted admissions policy (“Policy 5120.1”) into a misleadingly labeled “lottery” admissions system (“Rigged Lottery”) ostensibly intended to address “systemic racism.” Unfortunately, the record overwhelmingly establishes that the new admissions program is not only not an impartial “lottery” that will fail to even remedy “systemic racism,” but constitutes an unconstitutional and illegal program designed to disenfranchise hardworking students in the San Francisco Unified School District (“SFUSD”) and decrease the number of Asian students admitted to Lowell.

The Board violated clear and longstanding precedent of California statutes, the California Constitution, and the United States Constitution, when it exchanged a merit-based admission process for a program intended and designed to reduce the number of Asian American students admitted to Lowell. The Board, under false legal pretense and the ruse that Lowell’s admissions process perpetuates “white supremacy,” changed Lowell’s admissions process to a Rigged Lottery designed to reduce the admission of Asian American applicants.

You publicly stated your support for permanently demolishing Lowell’s merit-based admissions process because of your belief that Lowell needed “more representation” from minorities, completely ignoring the fact that Lowell’s student body is 82% non-white.

The Polls

I am also pleased to report San Francisco School Board Recall Effort Grows According to New Polling Datahttps://californiaglobe.com/section-2/san-francisco-school-board-recall-effort-grows-according-to-new-polling-data/.

Helping the effort in the past few weeks has been new polling data by EMC Research. In a June 25th memo, it found that 69% of San Franciscan parents support the recall. The 69% figure, garnered from two polls conducted in May, showed a noticeable rise in support from February, when only 60% of parents were in favor of a recall.

The memo also notes that the SF School Board has an overall 71% negative rating among voters, with the District itself getting a 57% unfavorable rating. This was a drastic rise from a 2016 poll that showed that only 17% of voters had an unfavorable view of the School District.

Kick Em Goodbye

San Francisco should not kiss López, Moliga and Collins goodbye.

They should figuratively kick them goodbye.

Unfortunately most school districts do not have easy recall procedures.

Mike

Michael F Denny
Mike@Dennz.commailto:Mike@Dennz.com
(415) 608-0269

Hi Mike,

Not sure to whom you’re responding, or what group you’re referencing – I don’t see a “David” listed anywhere and don’t know who “Henry” is, but yes, the effort to recall members of the SF school board (as we had guest speakers discuss at our LPSF meeting back in – was it April?) is underway, and it’s (imho) a good thing and worth supporting.

I’m circulating the petition to remove members Collins, Moliga, and Lopez. If anyone wants to sign, please let me know, and I can try to arrange to meet you.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

On Jul 28, 2021, at 7:42 PM, mike@dennz.com via LPSF Forum wrote:

dennz
July 29
David…while happy to continue to associate with your group, not sure they really want to have me involved. And that’s OK. I’m used to it.

So while Henry “disinvited” me to the event with Supervisor Connie (I’m not upset), it seems best if I just work through you. If you find anything I send you useful, please send it to the group yourself and copy me. That works for me.

Does that sound like a good strategy? Happy to be useful to you in any way you see fit.

Take care.

Michael Denny

Mish Talk - Global Economic Trend Analysis

Revolt of the Unwoke In a Revolt of the Unwoke, three progressive San Francisco school board members are targeted for a recall. The targets are President

··· (click for more details)

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.
To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.
If you were forwarded this email and want to subscribe, click here.

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin, and I just got added to the SF LP party and this group email.

I saw a booth for that today. Everything I know about the school board isn’t very positive. Can I ask what is so egregious about the 3 Starchild mentions? I’ve got school age kids, so I’m always trying to get my pulse on what’s going on with the schools.

Thank you.

···

On Jul 31, 2021, at 9:34 PM, Starchild via LPSF Forum noreply@forum.lpsf.org wrote:

Starchild
August 1
Hi Mike,

Not sure to whom you’re responding, or what group you’re referencing – I don’t see a “David” listed anywhere and don’t know who “Henry” is, but yes, the effort to recall members of the SF school board (as we had guest speakers discuss at our LPSF meeting back in – was it April?) is underway, and it’s (imho) a good thing and worth supporting.

I’m circulating the petition to remove members Collins, Moliga, and Lopez. If anyone wants to sign, please let me know, and I can try to arrange to meet you.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Libertarian Party! May I ask whether you’ve been previously involved in the freedom movement, or how you heard about us?

The three school board members currently facing recall are in the hot seat because the others apparently haven’t yet been in office long enough to allow them to be recalled. My understanding is that proponents eventually want to recall all of them. That being said, one of the three, Alison Collins, has probably generated more antipathy than anyone else on the board, for her far left views, combative arrogance and racist tweets, as well as a hot mic incident where she said about parents giving public comment against the plan to end the merit-based admissions policy of Lowell high school, “I’m listening to a bunch of racists.” Her own child attends School of The Arts, the only remaining SF public school with selective admission based on achievement. She’s now suing the district over her removal from a board committee over her impolitic social media commentary. All the board members are reportedly complicit in failing to allow kids to get back to in-person learning, and instead of focusing on that and trying to make the schools better, getting embroiled in controversies like that over Lowell, as well as a dispute over artwork at another school and efforts to rename a bunch of schools in line with politically correct orthodoxy.

Personally I’m less concerned over the particulars noted above, than with the fact that from all appearances, the entire board has a generally statist orientation, opposing school choice, seeking to raise taxes to get “more money for schools”, etc. I tend to subscribe to the theory that politicians like diapers should be changed frequently and for the same reason, and with a few exceptions like district attorney Chesa Boudin who we’ve supported and I think is doing a good job holding abusive police officers accountable and pursuing criminal justice reform, am happy to support most recall efforts.

What part of town do you live in, if I may ask? Involved in or particularly interested in any other local issues? I’m in the Castro/Mission area myself, and not really focused on any single issue, just trying to advance freedom across the board where opportunities present themselves. I do have a strong interest though in distinguishing libertarianism from the political right and showing that our philosophy is more compassionate than that of so-called “progressives”, and that we stand with the downtrodden and marginalized who are the biggest victims of government. You can see some examples of this on the website for my State Assembly campaign last year, Starchild.ForLiberty.org.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))
LPSF Chair
(415) 625-FREE
Disqus.com/by/Starchild
Twitter: @StarchildSF

···

On Jul 31, 2021, at 9:47 PM, Kevin M McLoone via LPSF Forum wrote:

Devoted2022
August 1
Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin, and I just got added to the SF LP party and this group email.

I saw a booth for that today. Everything I know about the school board isn’t very positive. Can I ask what is so egregious about the 3 Starchild mentions? I’ve got school age kids, so I’m always trying to get my pulse on what’s going on with the schools.

Thank you.

In Reply To

Starchild
August 1
Hi Mike, Not sure to whom you’re responding, or what group you’re referencing – I don’t see a “David” listed anywhere and don’t know who “Henry” is, but yes, the effort to recall members of the SF school board (as we had guest speakers discuss at our LPSF meeting back in – was it April?) is underwa…
Previous Replies

Starchild
August 1
Hi Mike,

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

dennz
July 29

Take care.

Michael Denny

Mish Talk - Global Economic Trend Analysis

Revolt of the Unwoke In a Revolt of the Unwoke, three progressive San Francisco school board members are targeted for a recall. The targets are President

2 posts were split to a new topic: Some Thoughts on Language

Hey Starchild and forum,

Apologies on the late reply. Here goes. I’ve always been pretty
libertarian minded, but I’ve never really done much about it besides vote
Libertarian. I recently reupped my LPSF membership and I got connected to
this email. I’ve been reading them off and on and really enjoyed the broad
spectrum of topics and responses. I’m in the Outer Richmond. I am not an
SF native, but I did marry one, so I’m pretty much stuck here for the
foreseeable future. I love SF, but I would very much like to see the scope
and size of the government here and in CA as a whole get toned down a ton.
I feel like there is a lot of corruption and a lot of laws passed that hurt
more than help. I like that you agree that the downtrodden and marginalized
are the biggest losers when it comes to too much government. I do want to
be honest and confess that I am not a Chesa Boudin fan though. I had hopes
he might be actually do something cool and hitherto undone, but the more I
research him, his connections, and see the harm some of his calls have
caused, I think he might have some statist tendencies. I’m not a fan of the
statism of the left and the corporatism of the right. I avoid both like the
plague if I’m able. However, I’m still researching and thinking about
Chesa. Maybe you can share you point of view, but I certainly hope if we
end up disagreeing we can be libertarian about it and not lose our tempers.
There’s been way too much of that everywhere I think.

Thank you all.

Kevin

···

Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2021 10:26 PM
To: Kevin M McLoone kmcloone@gmail.com
Cc: LPSF Forum replies+99f9d9c6ee69d96a9da514fb3256e7e1@forum.lpsf.org
Subject: Re: [LPSF Forum] [Discussion] Effort to Recall Three SF School
Board Members

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Libertarian Party!

May I ask whether you’ve been previously involved in the freedom movement,
or how you heard about us?

The three school board members currently facing recall are

in the hot seat because the others apparently haven’t yet been in office
long enough to allow them to be recalled. My understanding is that
proponents eventually want to recall all of them. That being said, one of
the three, Alison Collins, has probably generated more antipathy than anyone
else on the board, for her far left views, combative arrogance and racist
tweets, as well as a hot mic incident where she said about parents giving
public comment against the plan to end the merit-based admissions policy of
Lowell high school, “I’m listening to a bunch of racists.” Her own child
attends School of The Arts, the only remaining SF public school with
selective admission based on achievement. She’s now suing the district over
her removal from a board committee over her impolitic social media
commentary. All the board members are reportedly complicit in failing to
allow kids to get back to in-person learning, and instead of focusing on
that and trying to make the schools better, getting embroiled in
controversies like that over Lowell, as well as a dispute over artwork at
another school and efforts to rename a bunch of schools in line with
politically correct orthodoxy.

Personally I'm less concerned over the particulars noted

above, than with the fact that from all appearances, the entire board has a
generally statist orientation, opposing school choice, seeking to raise
taxes to get “more money for schools”, etc. I tend to subscribe to the
theory that politicians like diapers should be changed frequently and for
the same reason, and with a few exceptions like district attorney Chesa
Boudin who we’ve supported and I think is doing a good job holding abusive
police officers accountable and pursuing criminal justice reform, am happy
to support most recall efforts.

What part of town do you live in, if I may ask? Involved in

or particularly interested in any other local issues? I’m in the
Castro/Mission area myself, and not really focused on any single issue, just
trying to advance freedom across the board where opportunities present
themselves. I do have a strong interest though in distinguishing
libertarianism from the political right and showing that our philosophy is
more compassionate than that of so-called “progressives”, and that we stand
with the downtrodden and marginalized who are the biggest victims of
government. You can see some examples of this on the website for my State
Assembly campaign last year, Starchild.ForLiberty.org
http://Starchild.ForLiberty.org .

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

LPSF Chair

(415) 625-FREE

Disqus Profile - starchild http://Disqus.com/by/Starchild

Twitter: @StarchildSF

On Jul 31, 2021, at 9:47 PM, Kevin M McLoone via LPSF Forum wrote:

https://forum.lpsf.org/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/d/67e7ee/45.png

https://forum.lpsf.org/u/devoted2022 Devoted2022
August 1

Hello everyone,

My name is Kevin, and I just got added to the SF LP party and this group
email.

I saw a booth for that today. Everything I know about the school board isn’t
very positive. Can I ask what is so egregious about the 3 Starchild
mentions? I’ve got school age kids, so I’m always trying to get my pulse on
what’s going on with the schools.

Thank you.

<https://forum.lpsf.org/t/the-unwoke-in-san-francisco-seek-to-recall-three-s
chool-board-members/21563/3> (click for more details)

chool-board-members/21563/3> Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

https://forum.lpsf.org/user_avatar/forum.lpsf.org/starchild/45/533_2.png

https://forum.lpsf.org/u/starchild Starchild
August 1

Hi Mike, Not sure to whom you’re responding, or what group you’re
referencing - I don’t see a “David” listed anywhere and don’t know who
“Henry” is, but yes, the effort to recall members of the SF school board (as
we had guest speakers discuss at our LPSF meeting back in - was it April?)
is underwa.

Previous Replies

https://forum.lpsf.org/user_avatar/forum.lpsf.org/starchild/45/533_2.png

https://forum.lpsf.org/u/starchild Starchild
August 1

Hi Mike,

Not sure to whom you’re responding, or what group you’re referencing - I
don’t see a “David” listed anywhere and don’t know who “Henry” is, but yes,
the effort to recall members of the SF school board (as we had guest
speakers discuss at our LPSF meeting back in - was it April?) is underway,
and it’s (imho) a good thing and worth supporting.

I’m circulating the petition to remove members Collins, Moliga, and Lopez.
If anyone wants to sign, please let me know, and I can try to arrange to
meet you.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

chool-board-members/21563/2> (click for more details)

https://forum.lpsf.org/letter_avatar_proxy/v4/letter/d/58956e/45.png

https://forum.lpsf.org/u/dennz dennz
July 29

David.while happy to continue to associate with your group, not sure they
really want to have me involved. And that’s OK. I’m used to it.

So while Henry “disinvited” me to the event with Supervisor Connie (I’m not
upset), it seems best if I just work through you. If you find anything I
send you useful, please send it to the group yourself and copy me. That
works for me.

Does that sound like a good strategy? Happy to be useful to you in any way
you see fit.

Take care.

Michael Denny

<https://forum.lpsf.org/uploads/default/optimized/1X/df97780a7e2b6aae5ed38c3
39dc48aef28cfc90e_2_500x500.png>
<https://mishtalk.com/economics/the-unwoke-in-san-francisco-seek-to-recall-t
hree-school-board-members> Mish Talk - Global Economic Trend Analysis

<https://forum.lpsf.org/uploads/default/optimized/1X/cdb8633a35447a3dbf26dfd
fa629e48596edbad5_2_655x500.jpeg>

<https://mishtalk.com/economics/the-unwoke-in-san-francisco-seek-to-recall-t
hree-school-board-members> The Unwoke in San Francisco Seek to Recall Three
School Board Members

Revolt of the Unwoke In a Revolt of the Unwoke, three progressive San
Francisco school board members are targeted for a recall. The targets are
President

Mish https://mishtalk.com/author/mish Articles by Mish - Mish Talk - Global Economic Trend Analysis

chool-board-members/21563/1> (click for more details)

<https://forum.lpsf.org/uploads/default/original/1X/cdb8633a35447a3dbf26dfdf
a629e48596edbad5.jpeg>

chool-board-members/21563/3> Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails,
<Libertarian Party of San Francisco
34bec0188b74ab7ad20504503b5b4b> click here.
If you were forwarded this email and want to subscribe, click
https://forum.lpsf.org/signup here.