system and when I read job descriptions with
expectations like this so many issues come to mind. I
don't know anyone in the world who fits this
description. Posting positions like this is another
idealistic and unrealistic expectation. For some
reason, I thought I would send this to the list-serve
for anyone that's interested in the topic of Education
and why I think there is such a shortage of
'qualified' teachers in the government school systems.
I could talk about this for days! I'm interested in
hearing your comments.

Doesn't surprise me. No wonder why there "aren't" qualified teachers available...plus: is the salary proportional to such qualifications?

One of my questions as a Libertarian is: how can public schools exist without tax money and education be available to underserved populations? I'm sure you've discussed this topic over and over. What are the options?

Greetings from Austin where I'll stay for 2 weeks.

Yours in Liberty,

Raphael Ruahel

Raphael-
The answer: They can't. And they shouldn't't. Nationwide public education is a 20th century invention. Before last century, towns hired their own teachers, and there were private and parochial school available. Education is not 'free', you pay in the form of taxes. And you would pay even if you did not use the service. I believe that the user should directly for the service. This would help many things such as: school would have to justify their expenses, now they just spend the money because the payer (tax payer) does not have direct control; the school has a responsibility to hire the teacher with qualifications that the parents think the teacher should have, now the system dictates what qualities a teacher should have; and parents have greater control over the curriculum, now it is all state mandated. If there is pay system for schools, then the school that do not meet the parents wishes do not stay in business for very long; of course there has to be a decrease in federal
and state taxes that would have gone to the state run school. We can see how good public education has done for the underserved communities. I hope this answers your question.

Ra-Ruahel <messengerofliberty@...> wrote:
Doesn't surprise me. No wonder why there "aren't" qualified teachers available...plus: is the salary proportional to such qualifications?

One of my questions as a Libertarian is: how can public schools exist without tax money and education be available to underserved populations? I'm sure you've discussed this topic over and over. What are the options?

Greetings from Austin where I'll stay for 2 weeks.

Yours in Liberty,

Raphael Ruahel