Supporters of Patrol Special Police Event 11/7/10

Dear All,

We libertarians have been advocating private services in lieu of government services forever. The Patrols Special Police are a step in the right direction -- they are paid by private clients they serve.

For a change, the Board of Supervisors has voted unanimously to reward the efforts of an entrepreneur, Private Patrol Jane Warner, who died last May. This Sunday, November 7, at 1:00 pm, Bevan Dufty will represent the Board of Sups in dedicating the pedestrian plaza on 17th Street and Market "Jane Warner Plaza."

I am planning to attend, and hope to see a lot of you there.

Ah, yes. One more thing. The Patrols are not flush with funds as is the SFPD union. So, if Officer Jane is to be remembered with a plaque, donations will have to help. I have pledged my $50. It would be great if LPSF members came through. More on how/where to donate later, since the Patrols are not used to asking, and are still working on the trust account to receive the donations.

Regards,

Marcy

Dear Phil and Starchild,

I am so glad you attended the Dedication of the Jane Warner Plaza. I did also, in a way. Once again, I took my car hoping to find a parking space in the Castro, and once again I came home practically in tears without finding one. However, I did see the group gathered in Officer Jane's honor from my car window. No doubt that I need to get my act together.

Ann Grogan, and I am sure also the Patrols, are very happy that you two attended the event and lent the Patrols LPSF support.

Regards,

Marcy

Thanks, Marcy. I'm sorry you couldn't find parking! For future reference, you might try the parking lot of the branch library by my place on 16th Street between Market and Sanchez, or the lot on Castro between 17th and 18th, entrance near the Castro Theater.

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))