Steve Kubby update - 3/13/06 - Mailing list request

Starchild,

I did not mean to imply that the "rent" couldn't be zero. But, usually some sort of contract is created, for instance to say how many times they can use the list, and what it can be used for.

Nothing personal about the Kubbys... it is just not good practice to give your list directly to the parties desiring to use it. It is a lot easier to keep a list under your control than it is to corral it back into place once it gets away from you. It's a responsibility of the owner of the list to see that it is not misused, and one way to do that is to do the mailings yourself, or by using trustworthy (and possibly even bonded), "disinterested" mailing houses.

Rich

Dear Richard and Starchild;

Like I said the best way with approval of the Ex Comm is to include a separate colored fund raising circular with the monthly newsletter.

You help Steve but you control the usage.

Ron Getty
  SF Libertarina

Richard Newell <richard@...> wrote:
  Starchild,

I did not mean to imply that the "rent" couldn't be zero. But, usually some sort of contract is created, for instance to say how many times they can use the list, and what it can be used for.

Nothing personal about the Kubbys... it is just not good practice to give your list directly to the parties desiring to use it. It is a lot easier to keep a list under your control than it is to corral it back into place once it gets away from you. It's a responsibility of the owner of the list to see that it is not misused, and one way to do that is to do the mailings yourself, or by using trustworthy (and possibly even bonded), "disinterested" mailing houses.

Rich