SF Human Rights Commission invites public testimony on War On Drugs (Thursday April 12, 530pm, City Hall)

The San Francisco Human Rights Commission is holding a hearing on the "War on Drugs" and has invited speakers from groups including the American Civil Liberties Union, the Youth Commission, All of Us or None, the S.F. Drug Users’ Union, the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights and the Immigrant Legal Resource Center, among others. How often does a government body do *that*?

Activists will be gathering in front of City Hall beforehand at 4pm to remember victims of the Drug War. Come out and take part if you can!

Love & Liberty,
                                ((( starchild )))

Wow! This seems to finally address some of the misery brought upon us all as a result of the War On Drugs. I say "some" because the Commission is not addressing the core issue of supply and demand that results on turf wars and gang warfare. My schedule is full for tomorrow, but I will try to find a way to get plugged in to what is scheduled at City Hall so I can put stuff like this on my calendar.

Marcy