Sat. Meeting Take-Home Message

The San Francisco main library is still my first choice for a meeting place. I do want to start attending and the only reason I didn't come to the last one is that I was in Baltimore on that day. The location is easy for me to get to.

Richard Winger

415-922-9779

PO Box 470296, San Francisco Ca 94147

I don't see why being in Baltimore that day is any excuse.

On an entirely separate note, I will be unable to attend the Aug. meeting. I will be in Lake Tahoe that day.

Warm regards, Michael

Hi Richard! At the March meeting we voted to go back to the library for the rest of the year, so that is set in stone, unless I have problems scheduling our usual room at the library. I usually go in every month and add another reservation, and I'm usually 2-3 months scheduled in advance at any given moment.

It will be nice to have you back. By the way, whatever happened with the RCV vote in SF a week ago? I missed the leafing out activity but did email all 11 supervisors not to repeal RCV. I heard back from Mar, Kim, and Weiner. Mar said he supports it 100%, Kim said that she supports it but would consider the measure that repeals it only for Mayor with a runoff OK with her for December only (not September), and Weiner (my least favorite Supervisor) said he used to support it but now is against it because it's too complicated and confuses the voters.

Also, how are we doing with The Top Two lawsuit?

Thanks!
Aubrey

Hi Michael! We will miss you, and I will miss your excellence at keeping our meeting on the schedule. The August meeting will primarily be a ballot writing/refining meeting, so your timekeeping skills will not be as needed as much as usual, but we'll need you back for sure in September. Enjoy Tahoe!

Thanks!
Aubrey

IRV was put over last week. It was put over until Tuesday, July 17 (yesterday) where we had a big victory. All 3 proposals to reduce use of IRV were sent to Rules Committee, killing them for this calendar year.

Richard Winger

415-922-9779

PO Box 470296, San Francisco Ca 94147

Hi Richard! Since more choice is a good thing, this is indeed a victory for the voters--at least for now. Thanks for the update!

Aubrey