Remember, Remember the Seventh of November

More fodder for the "V for Vendetta" fans...
Rich

Remember, Remember the Seventh of November
Remember, remember the Seventh of November, the Republican treason and plot. I know of no reason why bankruptcy, war and treason should ever be forgot.

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Editorial-Page.htm?InfoNo=011400&From=News

by Powell Gammill

Good day America.

Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of the everyday routine. The security of the familiar. The tranquility of voting. I practiced democracy as much as anyone.

But in the spirit of commemoration, whereby those important events of the past, usually associated with someone’s death or with the end of some awful bloody struggle, are celebrated with a nice holiday, I thought that this year we could mark the first Tuesday of November—a day that is badly remembered—by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a nice little chat.

There are those, of course, who do not want us to speak. In fact, I suspect that right now clean election regulations are being drafted, and that men with guns will soon be on their way. And those parrots within the mainstream media have turned a blind eye.

Anything and everything will be done to stop me talking with you.

Why?

Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. The truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there?

Cruelty and injustice ... intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, you now have censors and systems of surveillance, coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.

How did this happen? Who is to blame? Certainly there are those who are more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable. But if truth be told–if you are looking for the guilty you need only look in the mirror.

I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. And who wouldn't be? War. Terror. Disease. Unemployment. Taxes. High prices and water shortages. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense.

Fear got the best of you. And in your panic you turn to the now President of the United States, George Herbert Walker Bush, with his cowboy boots of polished leather and his garrison of goons. He promised you order. He promised you peace. And all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.

Along with others, I sought to end the silence. Along with others, I ran for Congress to remind this country of what it had forgotten. Two Hundred and Thirty years ago, some of our citizens wished to embed the second of July forever in our memory. Their hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice and freedom were more than words. They are perspectives.

So if you have seen nothing. If the crimes of this government remain unknown to you, then I suggest you allow the Seventh of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see. If you feel as I feel. And if you would seek, as I seek, freedom from their tyranny and an end to this oppression then I ask you to stand beside me, inside the voting booths, and we shall give Congress a Seventh of November that shall never, ever be forgot.

[adapted from "V for Vendetta" (2005) by Andy and Larry Wachowski (Warner Bros.)]

(Attachment bg_white.gif is missing)