Re: Resolution on Trump

Oops, I had the list address wrong too! Corrected and forwarding below.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

On Jan 12, 2021, at 10:26 AM, Starchild wrote:

It came to my attention this morning that somehow the text of the resolution that I copied and pasted into the email I sent last night did not come through. Here it is again, hopefully no issues this time!

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Whereas United States president Donald Trump has attempted to subvert the results of the November 2020 election and remain in power by

• filing dozens of frivolous lawsuits seeking to overturn vote tallies in multiple states, with his campaign lawyers making false claims that were almost entirely dismissed by courts, including by judges appointed by Trump himself;

• attempting to pressure the Georgia Secretary of State in a recorded phone call into coming up with over 10,000 additional votes for him and telling him he did not care how they were obtained;

• openly floating the “trial balloon” of saying, upon congratulating the dictator of China for getting himself appointed president for life, that “maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday”;

• refusing to concede the election and cooperate with a peaceful transition of power in the face of overwhelming evidence that he lost; and finally and most egregiously:

• repeatedly encouraging aggression among his supporters, ultimately leading them to storm the Capitol building for the purpose of forcibly disrupting the legitimate certification of the election results.

In short, having repeatedly shown that he has no respect for democracy or the will of the electorate and is manifestly unfit to serve as head of state in a democratic republic,

And whereas during the past four years and more he has made abundantly plain to the world the nature of his character, including his pettiness, his lack of empathy, his willingness to make extreme threats including against other countries, his willingness to pardon war criminals found guilty of murdering civilians and his desperation to retain power, we do not trust how far he might go in attempting to hang onto that power, and with the nuclear arsenal at his command, this is frankly unacceptable.

We therefore call for his immediate resignation.

And knowing that to do the right thing by resigning would be highly uncharacteristic of Donald Trump’s behavior up to this point,

We call upon Congress, vice president Mike Pence, and the members of the cabinet to begin without delay the proceedings outlined in the 25th Amendment of the Constitution to remove him as president.

We take this stance in the full knowledge that his term is nearly over, and that the Democrats, whose control of the presidency and both houses of Congress gives them a relatively free hand to make trouble unchecked by the other establishment party, may present a greater danger going forward. It is our admittedly cynical expectation that like every other president in recent memory, Joe Biden will before long show that he too deserves to be impeached and removed from office for various unconstitutional actions.

Nevertheless, the current president has breached long-held standards of protocol and conduct in ways that raise the specter of a dictator in the White House as never before, and we feel that a strong response now will serve as a cautionary example to any future occupant of the Oval Office who might be tempted to further push the limits of the already vast powers at their disposal.

On Jan 11, 2021, at 9:10 PM, Starchild wrote:

Okay, here's what I came up with for the additional language, along with what Jeff proposed for the final bullet point, and a few minor grammatical changes here and there. 

If anyone spots and major issues, please speak up, otherwise we'll try to send it out tomorrow.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Jan 11, 2021 10:00 PM
To: Richard Fast
Cc: Starchild , Gregory Richard Michael
Subject: Re: LPSF press release

I didn’t see it posted, and I’m not aware of anyone removing it.

On Jan 11, 2021, at 6:57 PM, Richard Fast fastrichard77@gmail.com wrote:

I believe I posted the resolution on the LPSF Facebook page with the preface that was a version, in order to make the announcement timely to current events. I’m not seeing it now and wondering if someone might have removed it?

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 8:45 PM Jeffrey Yunes jeff@yunes.us wrote:
The last bullet point was changed to something like:

Repeatedly encouraged aggression among his supporters, ultimately leading them to storm the capitol building for the purpose of forcibly disrupting the legitimate certification of the election results.

On Jan 11, 2021, at 6:14 PM, Richard Fast fastrichard77@gmail.com wrote:

Starchild,

If I knew you were going to be spending more time in Richmond, I would have been inclined to meet you in person more often. Richmond is where I live when I’m not away in Alabama for school. Here is the text of the resolution:

Whereas United States president Donald Trump has attempted to subvert the results of the November 2020 election and remain in power by

• filing dozens of frivolous lawsuits seeking to overturn vote tallies in multiple states, with his campaign lawyers making false claims that were almost entirely dismissed by courts including by judges appointed by Trump himself;

• attempting to pressure the Georgia Secretary of State in a recorded phone call into coming up with over 10,000 additional votes for him and telling him he did not care how they were obtained;

• openly floating the “trial balloon” of saying, upon congratulating the dictator of China for getting himself appointed president for life, that it was an idea worth looking into

• refusing to concede the election and cooperate with a peaceful transition of power in the face of overwhelming evidence that he lost; and finally and most egregiously:

• Inciting his supporters to storm the capitol building for the purpose of forcibly disrupting the legitimate certification of the election results

In short, having repeatedly shown that he has no respect for democracy or the will of the electorate and is manifestly unfit to serve as head of state in a democratic republic,

And whereas he has during the past four years and more made abundantly plain to the world the nature of his character, including his pettiness, his lack of empathy, his willingness to make extreme threats including to against other countries, his willingness to pardon war criminals found guilty of murdering civilians, and his desperation to hold onto power, we do not trust how far he might go in attempting to hang onto that power, and in a man with nuclear weapons at his command, this is frankly unacceptable.

And knowing that to do the right thing by resigning would be highly uncharacteristic of Donald Trump’s behavior up to this point,

We call upon Congress, vice president Mike Pence, and the members of the cabinet to begin without delay the proceedings outlined in the 25th Amendment of the Constitution to remove him as president.

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 8:03 PM Starchild sfdreamer@earthlink.net wrote:

Hi Richard,

I've got a whole bunch of media contacts (individual reporters as well as outlets) in my address book. Unfortunately not a really easy way of transferring them in list form, but I can send to them from my computer.

I need the text of the resolution again to finish working on it though, if someone could send to me. Am at my girlfriend's in Richmond and don't have it here. You did give me your new number when I asked you for it after calling your old ones and realizing they were expired and I didn't have your current one.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Jan 11, 2021 4:53 PM
To: Starchild , Jeffrey Yunes , Gregory Richard Michael
Subject: LPSF press release

All,

Once the resolution has been finished, I would like to send it to media outlets as a press release. Starchild, or anyone else, do you have a list of media contacts we could send it to? If not, I can hit up the usual suspects (SF Chronicle, etc.).

Thanks,
Richard

P.S.: I can’t remember if I sent y’all my new phone number - 341-799-5565

Okay, third (fourth?) try…

Apparently the Discourse platform is cutting off emails at the point of what looks like a signature, or three dashes (or anything like that?). Jeff is working to fix the problem. In the meantime, you might want to include any message content before your signature!

So once more, the resolution (with the bulk of the new material, excluding some minor grammar changes, in blue):

• filing dozens of frivolous lawsuits seeking to overturn vote tallies in multiple states, with his campaign lawyers making false claims that were almost entirely dismissed by courts, including by judges appointed by Trump himself;

• openly floating the “trial balloon” of saying, upon congratulating the dictator of China for getting himself appointed president for life, that “maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday”;

• repeatedly encouraging aggression among his supporters, ultimately leading them to storm the Capitol building for the purpose of forcibly disrupting the legitimate certification of the election results.

And whereas during the past four years and more he has made abundantly plain to the world the nature of his character, including his pettiness, his lack of empathy, his willingness to make extreme threats including against other countries, his willingness to pardon war criminals found guilty of murdering civilians and his desperation to retain power, we do not trust how far he might go in attempting to hang onto that power, and with the nuclear arsenal at his command, this is frankly unacceptable.

We take this stance in the full knowledge that his term is nearly over, and that the Democrats, whose control of the presidency and both houses of Congress gives them a relatively free hand to make trouble unchecked by the other establishment party, may present a greater danger going forward. It is our admittedly cynical expectation that like every other president in recent memory, Joe Biden will before long show that he too deserves to be impeached and removed from office for various unconstitutional actions.

Nevertheless, the current president has breached long-held standards of protocol and conduct in ways that raise the specter of a dictator in the White House as never before, and we feel that a strong response now will serve as a cautionary example to any future occupant of the Oval Office who might be tempted to further push the limits of the already vast powers at their disposal.

If you have any input, especially particularly on the language added since Saturday’s meeting (in blue), please weigh in as soon as possible before we send it out as a press release.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

On Jan 12, 2021, at 1:25 PM, Starchild via LPSF Forum wrote:

Starchild
January 12

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

··· (click for more details)
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Thanks for this complete list, Starchild.

I have a different opinion on most of them and would vote against it, but I may not be eligible to vote since I’m not on the Executive Committee.

Warm regards, Michael

Michael R. Edelstein, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
415-673-2848 (24/7)

Co-author of Three Minute Therapy http://www.threeminutetherapy.com/
with David Ramsay Steele, Ph.D.
Features help for anxiety, depression,
relationships, panic attacks, addiction

···

On Jan 12, 2021, at 2:08 PM, Starchild via LPSF Forum noreply@forum.lpsf.org wrote:

Starchild <https://forum.lpsf.org/u/starchild> 

January 12

Apparently the Discourse platform is cutting off emails at the point of what looks like a signature, or three dashes (or anything like that?). Jeff is working to fix the problem. In the meantime, you might want to include any message content before your signature!

So once more, the resolution (with the bulk of the new material, excluding some minor grammar changes, in blue):

If you have any input, especially particularly on the language added since Saturday’s meeting (in blue), please weigh in as soon as possible before we send it out as a press release.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

··· (click for more details) https://forum.lpsf.org/t/re-resolution-on-trump/21470/2
Visit Topic https://forum.lpsf.org/t/re-resolution-on-trump/21470/2 or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here https://forum.lpsf.org/email/unsubscribe/7207955d92eeea33e5ea09b881e4c5052c3506e92ca23ebcfb854d2279a465ac.

Excellent synopsis, Starchild. Thank you!

Starchild
January 12 |

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

On Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 2:08:27 PM PST, Starchild via LPSF Forum noreply@forum.lpsf.org wrote:

When I send an email to this address, would I see it as well?

Warm regards, Michael

Clinical Psychologist
415-673-2848 (24/7)

···

On Jan 12, 2021, at 2:56 PM, Jim Korn via LPSF Forum noreply@forum.lpsf.org wrote:

diogenes93 <https://forum.lpsf.org/u/diogenes93> 

January 12

Starchild
January 12 |

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

··· (click for more details) https://forum.lpsf.org/t/re-resolution-on-trump/21470/4
Visit Topic https://forum.lpsf.org/t/re-resolution-on-trump/21470/4 or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here https://forum.lpsf.org/email/unsubscribe/77e3f1fb5c367050536f7197f75060861c0de4379fa7691f6b358dc05d2bda1f.

Starchild:
I don’t really have any problem with your resolution, with one exception.
You say “and telling him he did not care how they were obtained”. I have read the transcript of the call and I don’t remember seeing that Trump actually said this. The tone of his call certainly implies that Trump doesnt care how the numbers are obtained.The phone call is certainly heinous.But I would not say this unless Trump actually said something to this effect.If Trump actually did say this, my apologies; maybe I missed it.
Les Mangus

Starchild
January 12 |

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

On Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 02:08:37 PM PST, Starchild via LPSF Forum noreply@forum.lpsf.org wrote:

Les,

Thanks; that is a very good point. I will review the call transcript and see what he actually said. I think I was allowing my language to be influenced by the description of the call (which sounded accurate to me), rather than Trump’s actual words, which I agree would be more appropriate as the basis of a resolution like this.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

On Jan 12, 2021, at 6:10 PM, Leslie Mangus via LPSF Forum wrote:

lesliemangus
January 13
Starchild:
I don’t really have any problem with your resolution, with one exception.
You say “and telling him he did not care how they were obtained”. I have read the transcript of the call and I don’t remember seeing that Trump actually said this. The tone of his call certainly implies that Trump doesnt care how the numbers are obtained.The phone call is certainly heinous.But I would not say this unless Trump actually said something to this effect.If Trump actually did say this, my apologies; maybe I missed it.
Les Mangus

Starchild
January 12 |

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

In Reply To

Starchild
January 12
Okay, third (fourth?) try… Apparently the Discourse platform is cutting off emails at the point of what looks like a signature, or three dashes (or anything like that?). Jeff is working to fix the problem. In the meantime, you might want to include any message content before your signature! So onc…
Previous Replies

dredelstein
January 12
When I send an email to this address, would I see it as well?

Warm regards, Michael

Clinical Psychologist
415-673-2848 (24/7)

amazon.com

Three Minute Therapy

Michael R. Edelstein, David Ramsay Steele

4.9 out of 5 stars,

Dr. Michael R. Edelstein - San Francisco Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

diogenes93
January 12

Starchild
January 12 |

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

dredelstein
January 12

I have a different opinion on most of them and would vote against it, but I may not be eligible to vote since I’m not on the Executive Committee.

Warm regards, Michael

Clinical Psychologist
415-673-2848 (24/7)

amazon.com

Three Minute Therapy

4.9 out of 5 stars,

Starchild
January 12

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Starchild
January 12

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Thank you, Jim. Glad to see you here and active on the new lists.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

On Jan 12, 2021, at 2:55 PM, Jim Korn via LPSF Forum wrote:

diogenes93
January 12

Starchild
January 12 |

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

In Reply To

Starchild
January 12
Okay, third (fourth?) try… Apparently the Discourse platform is cutting off emails at the point of what looks like a signature, or three dashes (or anything like that?). Jeff is working to fix the problem. In the meantime, you might want to include any message content before your signature! So onc…
Previous Replies

dredelstein
January 12

Warm regards, Michael

Clinical Psychologist
415-673-2848 (24/7)

amazon.com

Three Minute Therapy

4.9 out of 5 stars,

Starchild
January 12

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Starchild
January 12

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))