Re: lecture

Hi Walter,

We had not set a date/time yet. I found your phone number in one of your emails and called and left you a voicemail, did you get it? You can call me any time at (415) 573-7997.

Do you have any thoughts on or ideas for topics? Since we’re the LPSF, I like to try to find San Francisco connections when possible, but am open to suggestions. I was thinking perhaps sometime in the next couple weeks via JitSi (videoconferencing software like Zoom). Any day/time preferences? If you give me several options, we can poll people on when is best for them to attend.

As far as a possible in-person event when you’re here on May 11, Jawj is looking into spaces for that, but nothing definite yet (see her message below).

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

---------- Original Message ----------
From: JAWJ GREENWALD <jedgreenwald@comcast.net mailto:jedgreenwald@comcast.net>
To: JAWJ GREENWALD <jedgreenwald@comcast.net mailto:jedgreenwald@comcast.net>
Date: 03/27/2023 2:31 PM
Subject: still looking for May 11 venue

Starchild --Alas, I’ve had no success looking for a May 11th venue for our Walter Block meeting.

The Mechanics’ institute has a 2-hour minimum at $300, and requires us to vacate the 4th fl room by 7:30 pm. The only public librarty that has a large room and will allow us to set up a coffee table is the Main Library in its hispanic room in the basement, but they’re booked for MONTHS ahead. I’ve a call in to the University Club, with which my London club has reciprocity, and I’ve been there for many events over the years, but they’re bound to be pricey, I’m not a member of the small Town and Country Club on Union Sq., but the events I’ve attended there look pricey too, albeit smaller, and I’m not sure I know any current member (it’s a women’s club).

I haven’t yet heard back from Ft. Mason. So can we try that book club you mentioned, or that bar on Lombard Street that had a pleasant back room where we had some sort of LP meeting pre-pandemic? Or if we know a student or faculty member there, would City College or SF State be options? May 11th isn’t far away. I really don’t think outdoors would work, but Lake Merritt is probably warmer than Golden Gate Park, so maybe we should try whatever the state LP did there as an election event? Or a private residence if our Ballot Access chum (name escapes me) would let us rent 40 folding chairs and cram them into his living room?

Any suggestions? Jawj

On Mar 23, 2023, at 5:24 PM, Walter Block wblock@loyno.edu wrote:

Dear Starchild:

I’ve lost track. Please tell me when and where I’m speaking for your group, and on what topic.

Best regards,

Walter

Walter E. Block, Ph.D.
Harold E. Wirth Eminent Scholar Endowed Chair and Professor of Economics
Loyola University New Orleans
6363 St. Charles Avenue, Box 15, Miller Hall 318
New Orleans, LA 70118
wblock@loyno.edu mailto:wblock@loyno.edu
tel: (504) 864-7934

From: Dr. Michael R. Edelstein <dredelstein@threeminutetherapy.com mailto:dredelstein@threeminutetherapy.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2023 1:56 PM
To: Walter E. Block <wblock@loyno.edu mailto:wblock@loyno.edu>
Cc: Starchild <sfdreamer@earthlink.net mailto:sfdreamer@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: lecture

Starchild:
Email: <sfdreamer@earthlink.net mailto:sfdreamer@earthlink.net>
Phone: 415.573.7997

Warm regards, Michael

Michael R. Edelstein, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
415-673-2848 (24/7)
http://ThreeMinuteTherapy.com http://threeminutetherapy.com/

Co-author of Three Minute Therapy http://www.threeminutetherapy.com/
with David Ramsay Steele, Ph.D.
Features help for anxiety, depression,
relationships, panic attacks, addiction

On Mar 23, 2023, at 11:24 AM, Walter Block <wblock@loyno.edu mailto:wblock@loyno.edu> wrote:

Dear Michael:

Do you have a better e mail address for Starchild, or a phone number. This e mail address was undeliverable.

Best regards,

Walter

Walter E. Block, Ph.D.
New Orleans, LA 70118

From: Walter Block <wblock@loyno.edu mailto:wblock@loyno.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2023 11:55 PM
To: ‘dreamer@ziplink.net mailto:dreamer@ziplink.net’ <dreamer@ziplink.net mailto:dreamer@ziplink.net>
Cc: ‘Dr. Michael R. Edelstein’ <dredelstein@threeminutetherapy.com mailto:dredelstein@threeminutetherapy.com>
Subject: lecture

Dear StarChild:

I erred when I said I will arrive in SF on 5/10/23 at 9pm. I arrive at 9am. So, I’m available to speak to your group either that night, or the next night, Thursday, 5/11. I think I’m scheduled for the latter, please confirm.

Best regards,

Walter

Walter E. Block, Ph.D.
New Orleans, LA 70118