Prop. B (pension reform) reportedly up 60-40 in poll two weeks ago

That according to a campaign office manager I just spoke with. My guess is that the measure started out with an overwhelming majority in favor, but that the political establishment mostly lining up against it, the money being spent and the attack ads being put out by the opposition, are eating into that majority. I just hope they do not eat into it enough to prevent a victory on November 2.

Prop. B opponents have really turned on Jeff Adachi for attacking their sacred cow. I saw one comment that there's no way the left-wing public defender will get the Harvey Milk endorsement because of this (even though he's running unopposed). One of the fliers that arrived on my doorstep proclaims in big bold letters that "Jeff Adachi makes $196,000 a year". I was delighted to see it, because this shortsighted (on their part!) line of attack can only help the libertarian cause by further raising public awareness of inflated government employee salaries.

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))

By the way, I think someone already mentioned the current SF Weekly's cover story here, but I just finished reading it and it's a must-read for sure. My only complaint was that they have photos of Supervisors Avalos and Elsbernd along with positive quotes about the need to fix the pension problem -- the only problem being, that neither of those gentlemen is supporting Proposition B, according to the Weekly (which did endorse the measure).

Anyway, if you know any opponents of fiscal sanity in this city (and who doesn't), Joe Eskenazi and Benjamin Wachs' article is the one to forward them -- http://www.sfweekly.com/2010-10-20/news/let-it-bleed/. Or get a print copy and leave it in their lockers, cubicles, on their windshields, taped to their foreheads, wherever it will get their attention and have a chance of sinking in.

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))