Positive interaction with SF Examiner reporter / Story ideas about Daly City?

I had a good conversation tonight with Brendan Bartholomew, a reporter for the San Francisco Examiner. He contacted me for my perspective on a story he's working on about the effects on California of the alleged coming rise in sea levels after I sent them some critical feedback on a previous story he did on the topic. After looking me up online, he learned about my sex work, activism, and being persecuted for prostitution, and turned out to be friendly and supportive. He indicated he's going to use some of the quotes/material I gave him in his current piece.

He also mentioned that his regular "beat" for the paper is Daly City, so he is particularly interested in writing about stuff that relates to that community, or I guess to a lesser extent to the peninsula in general. So if anyone comes up with any good ideas or tips about stories involving Daly City, let me know and I can pass them along.

Love & Liberty,
                                ((( starchild )))

Hi Starchild,

I imagine Brendan Bartholomew is concerned about climate change, nee “global warming.” If so, does he predict rising Californian sea levels? What “critical feedback” did you send him? For his current concerns about rising sea levels, I’d like to suggest you ask him if sea levels are rising to dangerous heights, then why are there so much new construction in Miami Beach. And you could show him photos of this new construction with this “Bing” search: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=new+construction+in+miami+beach&FORM=HDRSC2

One other thing: I was relieved to read that you were only “persecuted for prostitution” and not prosecuted and jailed, drawn and quartered and burned at the stake for this most heinous crime of all man- and woman- kind.

Anyhow, I hope your relation with Bartholomew turns out well. It’s good to have a contact with a reporter from the San Francisco Examiner, I think.

Talk to you.

Alton

Hi Alton,

You can read our correspondence below. I don't think Brendan is necessarily assuming catastrophic sea level rises himself, but I would assume those who are would just say the Miami developers are either shortsighted, or don't care since they won't be the ones buying/living in the homes they're building.

Love & Liberty,
                                ((( starchild )))