OT: [San-Francisco-Bitcoin-Social] SF Bitcoin Holiday party 12/10: merchants, raffle prizes, comedy and more!

Here's a holiday party that should warm the spirits of freedom lovers... Check out the list of non-profits for which they're soliciting donations! FR33 Aid and Antiwar.com are both libertarian movement groups, EFF (the Electronic Frontier Foundation) essentially is in all but name, while the others, Tor Project and Internet Archive, are worthy efforts that help advance the cause of digital freedom, and from its name I presume BitGive is as well by encouraging people to use BitCoin for charitable purposes.

I notice there will also be a table for Bitcoins Not Bombs, which is Davi Barker and Drew (forget his last name)'s project. Davi wrote the terrific pamphlet on authoritarian sociopathy (now a paperback book -- http://www.amazon.com/Authoritarian-Sociopathy-Renegade-Psychological-Experiment/dp/1938357140/ref=sr_1_1/178-8272905-1391035?ie=UTF8&qid=1449689844&sr=8-1&keywords=Authoritarian+Sociopathy)

Organizer Paige was formerly involved with Golden Gate Liberty r3VOLution, and I expect she had a lot to do with these excellent convergences. Anyway, should be a fun and well-attended party Thursday, whether you are into the technical details of Bitcoin and other alt-currencies, or just (like myself) a pro-freedom non-techie.

Love & Liberty,
                              ((( starchild )))