[OT] Nudists mount Constitutional challenge to proposed nudity ban in SF / protest at City Hall (Noon, Weds. 11/14)

Les,

Outside of private property, I don't think there is any right to live in a non-nudist environment, just as I don't think there is any right to live in a clothes-free environment. Again, what could be the philosophical basis for such "rights"?

Do I support the right of people to hold protests which slow down commuting? Certainly. I also support the right of people to commute in a manner which interferes with a protest. I think where I would draw the line is when someone is actively, physically blocking someone else's progress across the commons (and not just by virtue of being part of a large, closely packed crowd, for instance, but is actively trying on the spot to prevent specific individuals from making their way across the commons to their destinations by the shortest and easiest path). I would seek to apply this standard equally to protesters seeking to block commuters, and people seeking to block a protest march. Admittedly this could in practice easily get into gray areas and subjective judgment calls, but I can't think of a standard that seems fairer.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( stachild )))

When I was in Washington D.C. recently, I visited the environs of the White House, where workers were in the process of preparing the public street behind the building and part of adjoining Lafayette Park for Obama's re-inaguration party (see attached photos). Are you suggesting that someone wishing to commute via this public street or public park should be able to simply walk right through the middle of the inauguration proceedings without being obstructed?

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))

(Attachment DSCN0346.jpeg is missing)

(Attachment DSCN0350.jpeg is missing)

(Attachment DSCN0325.jpeg is missing)

The philosophical basis is that the nudists are not on property that they own.
Hence they do not have unrestricted right to do whatever they want.

I certainly do think there is a right not to see people naked or not to be
offended, if the offenders are on property that I own. Saying that the nudistas
can do whatever they want on this property is equivalent to saying that they own
it and no one else has any ownership rights. Doing your thing on someone else's
property is not libertarian either imho. I do not agree that opposing the ban is
THE libertarian position since it violates other peoples' property rights.

I have nothing against nudity, but I don't believe that anyone can have a right
to be nude on public property unless the public by majority vote has given
permission. I cannot think of anything else to say about this topic and my views
have not changed. If the LPSF wishes to take any position opposing the ban, I
would resign from the executive committee so as not to be obstructive.

Hey Les,

We agree nudists have a right to be nude on their own property and no right to be nude on someone else's property, unless invited by the owner of that property to do so.

We disagree when regarding Govt property.

Who has or does not have rights on Govt property is a murky issue and on which libertarians have always had differing views. I hope you decide against resigning because of this difference within the LPSF. IMO, it's a minor issue compared to our significant and broad areas of agreement.

Warm regards, Michael

to proposed nudity ban in SF / protest at City Hall (Noon, Weds. 11/14)

Hi Les and All,

I would like to continue LPSF's rule of never taking a public position on current topic (such as the nudity ban for example) unless a formal vote is taken at the monthly meeting or there is general consensus among those discussing on our lists. Starchild brought up the topic at a meeting, I spoke against opposing the nudity ban, and we did not vote to oppose it. Consensus is certainly not clear on on this topic in our current discussion

I have thoroughly enjoyed our discussion of this topic on this list! and hope we will always feel free to discuss all kinds of stuff in the great spirit of camaraderie that has always characterized our lists.

So Les, I hope there is no resigning around here!

Marcy

Dave,

I think people mutilating themselves in public is definitely something most other people (including myself) would find distasteful, but like other things about which this is true (farting, spitting, nose-picking, etc.) I don't think it should be criminalized. Fortunately public self-mutilation does not seem to be a major issue.

I agree there are many things we *shouldn't* do, however many of those things should nevertheless be legal, because one of the things we definitely shouldn't do is support government violating the rights of some people in order to spare others from being offended.

Parents' right to raise their children according to their religious or aesthetic standards of what's offensive or appropriate does not extend to infringing the rights of others. They can require their dependent children to wear clothes in public, or to restrict where their kids can go in public, but they have no right to require other people to wear clothes in order to make enforcing their chosen parental controls easier.

I'm also afraid that with regard to smoking in public, you may be somewhat behind the times in presuming no one gets upset by this. Did you know that people smoking outdoors in public parks in San Francisco has been criminalized?

Anyway, it is as you say an interesting discussion. Thanks for weighing in.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))

I agree that "the line has to be drawn somewhere" but I disagree about where that line should be drawn. In my perfect world the line would be drawn in favor of anyone who is not initiating aggression and against anyone who is. Therefore, nudity in public places, even self-mutilization in public places, is permitted. If anybody uses aggression to try to stop a person who is doing those things, then aggression is permitted to stop the person who initiated aggression.

Smoking is a form of aggression, IMHO. If a person smokes within the airspace of another person who does not wish to inhale the fumes, it is a physical assault on the lungs of the non-smoker.

In my perfect world there no such thing as a "right" that can trump another person's freedom.

If you belive that such "trump rights" exist, then where does that slippery slope end? Once you decide in favor of the woman who doesn't want to expose her children to public nudity, as if she has some kind of "right" to such "freedom" (note the clever choice of words) then what other "trump rights" will you allow society to create?

What then about the poor fellow who feels he has a "right" to have his sexual urges fulfilled by a particular woman? Does his "right" to satisfaction trump her right to control her own body? How are the two cases different? It is only a matter of degree. Both are on the same slippery slope.

Now moving away to the philosophical to the actual case of nudity in the Bay Area . . . I have not been following this thread closely but has anyone already pointed out that in certain cultures nudity is absolutely normal? That there is absolutely nothing wrong or profane with our God-given human bodies?

I admit that I am so indoctrinated by the culture in which I was raised that I did not disrobe when I disembarked from a cruise ship and ended up at a nude beach at the end of a short cab ride. My friends who had been there before insisted that they knew the "best" beach.

What fascinated me most about that experience was how resilient human beings are. At first (that being my first and only experience with public nudity) I was in a mild panic about what to do, where to look, how to behave. (I am sure my friends thought that was utterly amusing.) I took off for an area that looked relatively "safe" and occupied my time by having my hair braided into a zillion cornrows by a local entreprenuer. (The effect was fabulous and I was the envy of all the ladies on the ship.)

From that safe vantage point I looked around and calmed down. By the time a couple of hours had passed I was completely inured to the nudity. A couple hours more and I probably would have taken my bathing suit off myself so as to avoid those dreaded "tan lines" but by then it was time to hail a cab and make our way back to the ship.

Really, it is just a cultural thing. There is nothing inherently wrong with nudity. I firmly believe that one of man's natural rights is the right to dress (or not) as one pleases. And there are no "rights" that trump natural rights.

Nina

“Everybody is a Nudist (some are just ‘in the closet’).”

First, #bodymasks, now #smilemasks, will they stop before suffocating all of our respiratory organs? They’ve already blinded so many with their juvenile propaganda.

Hey fellow libertarians,

How are you guys feeling about the face masks and mandatory vaccines for the kids, and for everyone for that matter? I’m a bit freaked that no one is saying much. It goes against every libertarian fiber in my body. Should we be doing something to protest it or something? Forgive me, as you know I’m real new here, but I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Kevin

···

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for speaking out. I fully agree with you, and have been engaged on social media in pushing back against all the crap being shoveled on us in the name of fighting Covid. I agree the more we can do the better. It’s just a matter of figuring out what to do and how much time/energy people are willing to commit. We’re a small group and short on folks who want to get out and do activism. But I’m willing to get something started with you, and maybe others will join us. Feel free to give me a call any time at (415) 573-7997.

By the way, I’m not sure why these old posts about the proposed nudity ban that passed years ago in SF are resurfacing here now. Did someone inadvertently respond to an email thread from 2012?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

On Oct 13, 2021, at 2:01 PM, Kevin M McLoone via LPSF Forum wrote:

Devoted2022
October 13
Hey fellow libertarians,

How are you guys feeling about the face masks and mandatory vaccines for the kids, and for everyone for that matter? I’m a bit freaked that no one is saying much. It goes against every libertarian fiber in my body. Should we be doing something to protest it or something? Forgive me, as you know I’m real new here, but I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Kevin

··· (click for more details)
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

FRNP
October 13
“Everybody is a Nudist (some are just ‘in the closet’).” First, #bodymasks, now #smilemasks, will they stop before suffocating all of our respiratory organs? They’ve already blinded so many with their juvenile propaganda.
Previous Replies

FRNP
October 13

First, #bodymasks, now #smilemasks, will they stop before suffocating all of our respiratory organs? They’ve already blinded so many with their juvenile propaganda.

ortegan
November 25, 2012
I agree that “the line has to be drawn somewhere” but I disagree about where that line should be drawn. In my perfect world the line would be drawn in favor of anyone who is not initiating aggression and against anyone who is. Therefore, nudity in public places, even self-mutilization in public places, is permitted. If anybody uses aggression to try to stop a person who is doing those things, then aggression is permitted to stop the person who initiated aggression.

Smoking is a form of aggression, IMHO. If a person smokes within the airspace of another person who does not wish to inhale the fumes, it is a physical assault on the lungs of the non-smoker.

In my perfect world there no such thing as a “right” that can trump another person’s freedom.

If you belive that such “trump rights” exist, then where does that slippery slope end? Once you decide in favor of the woman who doesn’t want to expose her children to public nudity, as if she has some kind of “right” to such “freedom” (note the clever choice of words) then what other “trump rights” will you allow society to create?

What then about the poor fellow who feels he has a “right” to have his sexual urges fulfilled by a particular woman? Does his “right” to satisfaction trump her right to control her own body? How are the two cases different? It is only a matter of degree. Both are on the same slippery slope.

Now moving away to the philosophical to the actual case of nudity in the Bay Area . . . I have not been following this thread closely but has anyone already pointed out that in certain cultures nudity is absolutely normal? That there is absolutely nothing wrong or profane with our God-given human bodies?

I admit that I am so indoctrinated by the culture in which I was raised that I did not disrobe when I disembarked from a cruise ship and ended up at a nude beach at the end of a short cab ride. My friends who had been there before insisted that they knew the “best” beach.

What fascinated me most about that experience was how resilient human beings are. At first (that being my first and only experience with public nudity) I was in a mild panic about what to do, where to look, how to behave. (I am sure my friends thought that was utterly amusing.) I took off for an area that looked relatively “safe” and occupied my time by having my hair braided into a zillion cornrows by a local entreprenuer. (The effect was fabulous and I was the envy of all the ladies on the ship.)

From that safe vantage point I looked around and calmed down. By the time a couple of hours had passed I was completely inured to the nudity. A couple hours more and I probably would have taken my bathing suit off myself so as to avoid those dreaded “tan lines” but by then it was time to hail a cab and make our way back to the ship.

Really, it is just a cultural thing. There is nothing inherently wrong with nudity. I firmly believe that one of man’s natural rights is the right to dress (or not) as one pleases. And there are no “rights” that trump natural rights.

Nina

Starchild
November 25, 2012
Dave,

I think people mutilating themselves in public is definitely something most other people (including myself) would find distasteful, but like other things about which this is true (farting, spitting, nose-picking, etc.) I don’t think it should be criminalized. Fortunately public self-mutilation does not seem to be a major issue.

I agree there are many things we shouldn’t do, however many of those things should nevertheless be legal, because one of the things we definitely shouldn’t do is support government violating the rights of some people in order to spare others from being offended.

Parents’ right to raise their children according to their religious or aesthetic standards of what’s offensive or appropriate does not extend to infringing the rights of others. They can require their dependent children to wear clothes in public, or to restrict where their kids can go in public, but they have no right to require other people to wear clothes in order to make enforcing their chosen parental controls easier.

I’m also afraid that with regard to smoking in public, you may be somewhat behind the times in presuming no one gets upset by this. Did you know that people smoking outdoors in public parks in San Francisco has been criminalized?

Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))

lpsfactivists
November 23, 2012
Hi Les and All,

I would like to continue LPSF’s rule of never taking a public position on current topic (such as the nudity ban for example) unless a formal vote is taken at the monthly meeting or there is general consensus among those discussing on our lists. Starchild brought up the topic at a meeting, I spoke against opposing the nudity ban, and we did not vote to oppose it. Consensus is certainly not clear on on this topic in our current discussion

I have thoroughly enjoyed our discussion of this topic on this list! and hope we will always feel free to discuss all kinds of stuff in the great spirit of camaraderie that has always characterized our lists.

So Les, I hope there is no resigning around here!

Marcy

dredelstein
November 23, 2012
Hey Les,

We agree nudists have a right to be nude on their own property and no right to be nude on someone else’s property, unless invited by the owner of that property to do so.

We disagree when regarding Govt property.

Who has or does not have rights on Govt property is a murky issue and on which libertarians have always had differing views. I hope you decide against resigning because of this difference within the LPSF. IMO, it’s a minor issue compared to our significant and broad areas of agreement.

Warm regards, Michael

to proposed nudity ban in SF / protest at City Hall (Noon, Weds. 11/14)

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.
To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.
If you were forwarded this email and want to subscribe, click here.

Did someone inadvertently respond to an email thread from 2012?

@FRNP intentionally continued an old thread, comparing clothing mandates to mask mandates, and I completely agree!

@Devoted2022, I’m sure we’re all with you here! I live in NH now, and we’ve been active resisting the government mandates. I can imagine it would be very unsettling to see everyone around you complying without question. Surely, people who have previously had covid should be allowed in restaurants and gyms!

You could consider proposing a project on our new signup sheet to help figure out what you need and who is interested in helping. But for such urgent matters, your best bet is definitely calling Starchild!

1 Like

I think you’re right, Jeff. I scanned the old comments too hastily and didn’t see the more recent addendum connecting them to the present situation. Thanks @FRNP for what is actually a cogent comparison!

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

On Oct 13, 2021, at 5:02 PM, jeff via LPSF Forum wrote:

jeff
October 14
Did someone inadvertently respond to an email thread from 2012?
@FRNP intentionally continued an old thread, comparing clothing mandates to mask mandates, and I completely agree!

@Devoted2022, I’m sure we’re all with you here! I live in NH now, and we’ve been active resisting the government mandates. I can imagine it would be very unsettling to see everyone around you complying without question. Surely, people who have previously had covid should be allowed in restaurants and gyms!

You could consider proposing a project on our new signup sheet to help figure out what you need and who is interested in helping. But for such urgent matters, your best bet is definitely calling Starchild!

In Reply To

Starchild
October 13
Hi Kevin, Thanks for speaking out. I fully agree with you, and have been engaged on social media in pushing back against all the crap being shoveled on us in the name of fighting Covid. I agree the more we can do the better. It’s just a matter of figuring out what to do and how much time/energy peo…
Previous Replies

Starchild
October 13
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for speaking out. I fully agree with you, and have been engaged on social media in pushing back against all the crap being shoveled on us in the name of fighting Covid. I agree the more we can do the better. It’s just a matter of figuring out what to do and how much time/energy people are willing to commit. We’re a small group and short on folks who want to get out and do activism. But I’m willing to get something started with you, and maybe others will join us. Feel free to give me a call any time at (415) 573-7997.

By the way, I’m not sure why these old posts about the proposed nudity ban that passed years ago in SF are resurfacing here now. Did someone inadvertently respond to an email thread from 2012?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Devoted2022
October 13
Hey fellow libertarians,

Kevin

FRNP
October 13

ortegan
November 25, 2012
I agree that “the line has to be drawn somewhere” but I disagree about where that line should be drawn. In my perfect world the line would be drawn in favor of anyone who is not initiating aggression and against anyone who is. Therefore, nudity in public places, even self-mutilization in public places, is permitted. If anybody uses aggression to try to stop a person who is doing those things, then aggression is permitted to stop the person who initiated aggression.

In my perfect world there no such thing as a “right” that can trump another person’s freedom.

If you belive that such “trump rights” exist, then where does that slippery slope end? Once you decide in favor of the woman who doesn’t want to expose her children to public nudity, as if she has some kind of “right” to such “freedom” (note the clever choice of words) then what other “trump rights” will you allow society to create?

What then about the poor fellow who feels he has a “right” to have his sexual urges fulfilled by a particular woman? Does his “right” to satisfaction trump her right to control her own body? How are the two cases different? It is only a matter of degree. Both are on the same slippery slope.

I admit that I am so indoctrinated by the culture in which I was raised that I did not disrobe when I disembarked from a cruise ship and ended up at a nude beach at the end of a short cab ride. My friends who had been there before insisted that they knew the “best” beach.

What fascinated me most about that experience was how resilient human beings are. At first (that being my first and only experience with public nudity) I was in a mild panic about what to do, where to look, how to behave. (I am sure my friends thought that was utterly amusing.) I took off for an area that looked relatively “safe” and occupied my time by having my hair braided into a zillion cornrows by a local entreprenuer. (The effect was fabulous and I was the envy of all the ladies on the ship.)

From that safe vantage point I looked around and calmed down. By the time a couple of hours had passed I was completely inured to the nudity. A couple hours more and I probably would have taken my bathing suit off myself so as to avoid those dreaded “tan lines” but by then it was time to hail a cab and make our way back to the ship.

Really, it is just a cultural thing. There is nothing inherently wrong with nudity. I firmly believe that one of man’s natural rights is the right to dress (or not) as one pleases. And there are no “rights” that trump natural rights.

Nina

Starchild
November 25, 2012
Dave,

I think people mutilating themselves in public is definitely something most other people (including myself) would find distasteful, but like other things about which this is true (farting, spitting, nose-picking, etc.) I don’t think it should be criminalized. Fortunately public self-mutilation does not seem to be a major issue.

I agree there are many things we shouldn’t do, however many of those things should nevertheless be legal, because one of the things we definitely shouldn’t do is support government violating the rights of some people in order to spare others from being offended.

Parents’ right to raise their children according to their religious or aesthetic standards of what’s offensive or appropriate does not extend to infringing the rights of others. They can require their dependent children to wear clothes in public, or to restrict where their kids can go in public, but they have no right to require other people to wear clothes in order to make enforcing their chosen parental controls easier.

I’m also afraid that with regard to smoking in public, you may be somewhat behind the times in presuming no one gets upset by this. Did you know that people smoking outdoors in public parks in San Francisco has been criminalized?

Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

1 Like

Thanks Starchild! I’ll reach out to you over the weekend. I gotta be candid, I have no idea what we can do. Everyone really likes this mask/vaccine stuff in SF, but I feel like I’ll regret not trying.

What social media are you on? How many people are we in SF btw?

···

Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 4:25 PM
To: kmcloone@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [LPSF Forum] [Discussion] [OT] Nudists mount Constitutional challenge to proposed nudity ban in SF / protest at City Hall (Noon, Weds. 11/14)

https://forum.lpsf.org/user_avatar/forum.lpsf.org/starchild/45/533_2.png

https://forum.lpsf.org/u/starchild Starchild
October 13

Hi Kevin,

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

··· https://forum.lpsf.org/t/ot-nudists-mount-constitutional-challenge-to-proposed-nudity-ban-in-sf-protest-at-city-hall-noon-weds-11-14/15685/70 (click for more details)

https://forum.lpsf.org/t/ot-nudists-mount-constitutional-challenge-to-proposed-nudity-ban-in-sf-protest-at-city-hall-noon-weds-11-14/15685/70 Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, https://forum.lpsf.org/email/unsubscribe/299ea35615aea7627199af9aa61f57b0a0a59691597d57b1177b3fabbd4d7a4d click here.
If you were forwarded this email and want to subscribe, click https://forum.lpsf.org/signup here.

Verifying & revealing PRIVATE health status/records — to low wage, undereducated or welfare2work gate keepers & their corporate bosses — is STILL a violation of our still somewhat protected medical privacy rights. Imagine the UPROAR if #theGays & sex workers & dancers had to verify #hivaids status (+/-) BEFORE using a gym or restaurant or getting any medical treatment. The youngins on this thread probably don’t remember the 80s when ALL GAY men were guilty by association of having or spreading #hivaids &AND& dentists & doctors were OPENLY refusing to provide even basic care to HEALTHY individuals who might be perceived to have had M2M “relations” by the way they dressed, talked, &/or walked. The manufactured #sarscov2 hysteria is Lesson #2021 that the #USgovt is behind & the primary source & chief perpetrator of EVERY form of social BIGOTRY (from the genocide of those “savage” indigenous folks, to charred “witches,” marignalized Italian to Irish to Asian to Mexican immigrants, those rapist AAs, paedo eegleebeetees, & recently rad islamists & our deamonized whtsprmcst caucasian sisters&brothers. Besides, NO ENTITY, outside of a hospital or clinic, has a right to store other’s, patrons & even employees, private health records.

Exactly…how formerly rebellious, free-wheeling San Francisco became so compliant is a real mystery and disappointment.

···

Get Outlook for Androidhttps://aka.ms/ghei36

Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 8:05:59 PM
To: mike@dennz.com mike@dennz.com
Subject: Re: [LPSF Forum] [Discussion] [OT] Nudists mount Constitutional challenge to proposed nudity ban in SF / protest at City Hall (Noon, Weds. 11/14)

[https://forum.lpsf.org/user_avatar/forum.lpsf.org/frnp/45/894_2.png] FRNPhttps://forum.lpsf.org/u/frnp
October 14

Verifying & revealing PRIVATE health status/records — to low wage, undereducated or welfare2work gate keepers & their corporate bosses — is STILL a violation of our still somewhat protected medical privacy rights. Imagine the UPROAR if #theGays & sex workers & dancers had to verify #hivaids status (+/-) BEFORE using a gym or restaurant or getting any medical treatment. The youngins on this thread probably don’t remember the 80s when ALL GAY men were guilty by association of having or spreading #hivaids &AND& dentists & doctors were OPENLY refusing to provide even basic care to HEALTHY individuals who might be perceived to have had M2M “relations” by the way they dressed, talked, &/or walked. The manufactured #sarscov2 hysteria is Lesson #2021 that the #USgovt is behind & the primary source & chief perpetrator of EVERY form of social BIGOTRY (from the genocide of those “savage” indigenous folks, to charred “witches,” marignalized Italian to Irish to Asian to Mexican immigrants, those rapist AAs, paedo eegleebeetees, & recently rad islamists & our deamonized whtsprmcst caucasian sisters&brothers. Besides, NO ENTITY, outside of a hospital or clinic, has a right to store other’s, patrons & even employees, private health records.

Visit Topichttps://forum.lpsf.org/t/ot-nudists-mount-constitutional-challenge-to-proposed-nudity-ban-in-sf-protest-at-city-hall-noon-weds-11-14/15685/74 or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click herehttps://forum.lpsf.org/email/unsubscribe/a5eec477d549e69c0493057461d1942b5e85e6482ec052e5047f64f9c3607206.
If you were forwarded this email and want to subscribe, click herehttps://forum.lpsf.org/signup.

1 Like

I somewhat think that SF-thinking hasn’t changed over the past several decades. The rest of the world caught up, but SF gave up its position at the forefront.

Kind of sinister how it’s the exact same Doctor in charge this time around too….

···

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 13, 2021, at 8:14 PM, Gregory Michael via LPSF Forum noreply@forum.lpsf.org wrote:

greg
October 14
I somewhat think that SF-thinking hasn’t changed over the past several decades. The rest of the world caught up, but SF gave up its position at the forefront.

This (p-shopped) pic is from the 2021 Folsom Faerie Fantassy Faire Festival weekend (reprised at the 2021 Castro Faire). SF is still special since these two would have been immediately arrested & caged in any other jurisdiction in the Nation & even Calif for this fun stunt.

AIDSinc @jonrappoport author

Fauci’s continued success with the #hivaids “AIDS Inc” (a quick cogent read by @jonrappoport) SCAM (see Dr Luc Montagnier’s totally CENSORED quote (never to be heard on #msmSnews or even soCIAlnetworks) from decades ago, following) bolstered everyone’s confidence that he, and he only, could get the current plandemic off the ground.