Newsom proposes increasing Rec & Park budget / Budget battle = chance to advance libertarian message

The annual SF budget hearings are a prime time for citizens to weigh in on government. This year Mayor Newsom and Supervisor Chris Daly are involved in a lot of jockeying over the funds, with each seeking to increase spending on certain things while cutting spending (or at least opposing spending increases) in areas favored by the other.

So there is in theory an opportunity for a fine libertarian compromise -- let them both have the cuts they want, while making the concession of abandoning their favored spending increases. Please consider attending a City Hall hearing or hearings, or writing a letter or making a phone call to express this sentiment.

Love & Liberty,
        <<< starchild >>>

$146 million a year?

That's an awful lot of money for a small city like San Francisco.

I bet publicizing some of those figures and comparing them to expenditures made nationally by major corporate organizations would be an interesting exercise. . . i.e. "Every year, San Francisco spends 7 times on the park maintenance bureaucracy that Delta Air Lines spends on national advertising. Where's the value for money?"

It can certainly be expressed better. . . it is early in the morning and I'm not quite awake yet. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Brian

Starchild <sfdreamer@...> wrote: The annual SF budget hearings are a prime time for citizens to weigh in on government. This year Mayor Newsom and Supervisor Chris Daly are involved in a lot of jockeying over the funds, with each seeking to increase spending on certain things while cutting spending (or at least opposing spending increases) in areas favored by the other.

So there is in theory an opportunity for a fine libertarian compromise -- let them both have the cuts they want, while making the concession of abandoning their favored spending increases. Please consider attending a City Hall hearing or hearings, or writing a letter or making a phone call to express this sentiment.

Love & Liberty,
    <<< starchild >>>

Hi, folks:

I barely have the minimum number of safety monitors required for SF Pride, and have a dearth of booth volunteers as well.

I need large groups of both in order to ensure a successful pride outreach event!

If you've been thinking about participating, please send me your information (including training session booked if you're going to be a safety monitor) ASAP!

I've attached the safety monitor training site information again -- please let me know which you plan to attend.

Cheers,

Brian