New business card design

Hello all,
I've been working on graphic re-brand for the LPSF. I came up with this business card design. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Sincerely,Rebecca

(Attachment IMG_0364.PNG is missing)

(Attachment IMG_0365.PNG is missing)

To be honest, I don't like the back at all. The arrow makes me think of a lance, or some suggestion of a weapon, which is what oppressive governments always use. I still don't like the eagle in the torch either , but realize that is now an official symbol.
best regards
Harland HarrisonChair, LP of San Mateo County CA

Rebecca Lau rlau1@... [lpsf-discuss] <lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

Hello all,
I've been working on graphic re-brand for the LPSF. I came up with this business card design. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Sincerely,Rebecca

I agree with Harland.
Nina
Don’t threaten or initiate force, or ask politicians to do it for you.

The colors, all-caps, and torch content are more consistent with the new national LP logo and materials, but I confess I'm not a fan of that logo or look. The grey and gold combination has never excited me, nor has the eagle coming out of the torch.

I preferred the party's previous Statue of Liberty logo, although I thought it could use a revamp, and the LPSF's Golden Gate Bridge and Statue of Liberty logo, although that could also use a revamp.

Lady Liberty and the porcupine both appeal to me as logos; an eagle (looks more conservative) or a torch by itself (looks kind of generic), not as much.

Just my two cents.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))

Thank you Rebecca….first of all thank you so much for taking the initiative to do this. It’s hard to put something out there so others can take pot shots at it.

Trying to keep it in sync with the rest of the LP is a good idea in my view….but I’m not a designer and I’ll defer to others with stronger opinions.

But thanks again…

Mike

(Attachment image001.png is missing)

(Attachment image002.png is missing)

The arrow is a throwback to the original Libertarian Party logo, the "libersign."
I'm quite partial to it. I've always hated the Lady Liberty logo.
For the front I stuck to the national LP's standards. Nick requested more white space on the card since I wanted a double sided card. I lightened the logo on the front so he could write over it, and used a lighter shade of gray for the back so he could write on it if needed.

(Attachment IMG_0366.JPEG is missing)

(Attachment image001.png is missing)

(Attachment image002.png is missing)

I like the LPSF logo a lot actually, it's simple and feels fresh. The statue of liberty is more NY than SF, but maybe that's my inner Jersey boy talking. I hadn't noticed Harland's point about the arrow, but maybe there is something that can be done about it.

For those who don't know (I didn't) it is an homage to the LP's first "tanstaafl" (there ain't no such thing as a free lunch) logo, which is pretty cool.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian_Party_(United_States)#/media/File%3ALibersign_-_TANSTAAFL.jpg

Nick

Yes, the acronym "TANSTAAFL" ("There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch", popularized by sci-fi writer Robert Heinlein) with an upward right arrow was an early Libertarian Party logo, adopted at the first national LP convention in 1972 according to LPedia (https://lpedia.org/Libertarian_Party).

I can't immediately find confirmation of this online, but I believe it referenced an early version of the Nolan chart which was shaped like a square rather than the present diamond, with the libertarian quadrant in the upper right corner.

What do you dislike about the Lady Liberty logo, Rebecca? Just curious.

Love & Liberty,
                                ((( starchild )))

The Statue of Liberty is too generic. I also like the porcupine.
Starchild, check the attachments for a special gift!
Rebecca

noon8window.pdf (36 Bytes)

Oooo…Rebecca. I like that a lot.

Michael Denny
www.DennyForMayor.com<http://www.DennyForMayor.com>
Libertarian Party of San Francisco
www.LPSF.org<http://www.lpsf.org/>

Thanks, Rebecca. The title we've been using is "Outreach Director" not "Outreach Chair", but don't worry about fixing it – I already have business cards and would rather not spend party funds printing these up.

It's true the Statue of Liberty is used a lot. I probably wouldn't use it by itself as a logo for that reason, but coupled with something like the Golden Gate bridge in the LPSF logo, it's pretty distinctive.

Love & Liberty,
                                ((( starchild )))