Meeting location (Michael Edelstein)

I left them another message a bit earlier, am waiting to hear back.

We have Cafe Europa reserved for Saturday. Thanks Alex

Okay, apparently all the community meetings at the library have been canceled for the rest of March. I submitted a request to reserve the 3rd floor Paley conference room for April, May, and June (as far out as they would allow). Am supposed to hear confirmation back tomorrow on that.

In the meantime we need a meeting room for this Saturday.

Alex, can you reserve the room at Cafe Europa for us again for Sat. March 14, 3-6pm?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Do you have an agenda (or draft) for Saturday? I'll email the list tonight.

Great. Thanks, Nick and Alex. Alex, can you post the address here again, and cross streets on California? I know it is on the right (north) side of the street, and the room is in the back of the restaurant.

Nick, can you post a notification to the LPSF-announce list? I will update the Meetup page.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

we are good for europa cafe on saturday

Nick,

The preliminary agenda I posted last month is below, and can be copied mostly as written.

Since we haven't met about the bylaws, please take that item off the agenda, and add the following item:

• Guest speaker: Treasure Island community activist Barklee Sanders will present on the power outages that island residents have been suffering, and the unwillingness of authorities who run the island to address the problem.

Does anyone else have any proposed items or changes?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

• Introductions (regular monthly item)

• Activist reports (regular monthly item)

• Officer reports (regular monthly item)

• Website and Social Media reports (new monthly item)

• Election of secretary; treasurer or vice-chair as well. Richard Fast has indicated he's willing to serve as secretary. Nick is also currently holding down both the treasurer and vice-chair offices, and it would be good to have another good volunteer to fill one of these positions, so if you're interested/willing, let us know!

• LPSF bylaws. Discussion and possible voting on proposed LPSF bylaws revisions – Nick Smith and I and anyone else interested will hopefully have some proposed changes ready to present.

• LPSF annual panel discussion event. Begin discussion of ideas and possible speakers for this (aim to hold event in April?)

• Proposed annual LPSF contest and gala event. Discussion and possible appropriation of funds for an annual Freedom of Information Act contest ("The FOIAllies"?) with cash prizes for the best disclosures gleaned from FOIA and other sunshine requests filed by contest participants with San Francisco government agencies or other government agencies (e.g. state, federal, extra-national) about their operations in San Francisco, as voted on by LPSF members not in the contest themselves.

– Announce winners every September (the time of year when SF usually gets the most sunshine!) at an annual "gala" event loosely modeled after events like the Oscars, Grammies, etc. A Friday or Saturday night event where people can dress up to the nines and enjoy cocktails, music (live DJs?); have a red carpet and photo booth (libertarian messaging as part of backdrop); have an MC announce the winners, read their disclosures to the audience.

– Proposed allocation of $2500/year for this event ($1000 in cash and prizes, plus $500 for advertising (running ads in newspapers and such) and $1000 for production costs (booking a venue, possibly paying people to manage/produce the event and to videotape, decorations, supplies, etc.). Propose the event also be an annual fundraiser, although wouldn't necessarily be expected to break even. We'll either want a place where we can charge at the door (free to members of the press and no one who signs the non-aggression pledge turned away for lack of funds?) or pass the hat, and somewhere we can serve alcohol and have live and/or amplified music. Other ideas... A "letters-to-the-editor" wall featuring letters written to media outlets by Libertarians? Donkey vs. Elephant sumo wrestling fight? Freedom art on display available for purchase? All entries published on LPSF website? Guest speaker Michael Petrelis, if he's interested (on the art of the FOIA request); seek event sponsors to appear in program.

– Include with advertisements of the contest (advertise in October each year) a list of questions to which we're interested in knowing the answers, such as:

• How much money did the city government collect in permit fees? For what types of permits?

• How much money did the city government collect in fines (including asset forfeiture)? For what types of fines?

• How many people were arrested for victimless crimes like drug use and sales, prostitution, and gambling?

• How much does it actually cost the towing compan(ies) with which the city government contracts to tow and store vehicles, and how much are tow victims actually charged?

• What is the recent history of eminent domain use in San Francisco (Which properties have been seized, from whom, and what compensation was paid to the owners)?

• Has anyone been displaced (lost their home) as a result of not paying property taxes? How much property has been seized for non-payment of property taxes, and from whom?

• Which city buildings and property are currently vacant or unused? How much are they worth?

• Who are the top 500 best-paid City Hall employees by salary? By total compensation including benefits?

• How much is being paid annually to former city government employees?

• How many homeless people have been subject to "sweeps"? (Having a tent or encampment coercively removed from public property by government agents)?

• How much is it costing taxpayers for the city government to record calls to the city's 311 line without the callers' consent?

• How much money was paid out to people on "administrative leave" (individuals being paid not to work)?

– Contestants wouldn't be limited to any set list of questions of course, but would be encouraged to surprise us with interesting and important revelations and answers to questions we didn't know we wanted to know!

• Brief closing ritual, "30 seconds of solidarity" (new regular monthly item) – 30 seconds of solidarity when we adjourn: Everyone take hands and say together, "We stand here in solidarity with the victims of State aggression and to work together for freedom!"

I guess you missed the message I posted earlier. The library has apparently cancelled all community meetings at their facilities in March. So we'll be at Cafe Europa this month, 4318 California St. (between 5th and 6th avenues), then back at the 3rd floor meeting room at the main library on April 11, unless I hear back from them that the room is unavailable then.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Starchild,

You’re correct, I missed it. See you tomorrow at 3 PM.

Thanks, Michael

I guess you missed the message I posted earlier. The library has apparently cancelled all community meetings at their facilities in March. So we'll be at Cafe Europa this month, 4318 California St. (between 5th and 6th avenues), then back at the 3rd floor meeting room at the main library on April 11, unless I hear back from them that the room is unavailable then.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))