MEDIA INQUIRY: PROP K

Thanks for getting back to me Erin. The best number to reach me at is (415) 625-FREE.

To repeat my prior questions...

As you may or may not know, I'm also a candidate for State Assembly.. Is KQED covering the race? I think media outlets generally, but publicly funded ones in particular, have an obligation to the public to cover all parties and candidates on a level playing field, not simply shower attention on those of the 2-party ruling cartel, or who happen to have lots of resources or long histories in government (a history of government employment is viewed by many of us as a negative, not a positive!)

Besides talking about Propositions I and K after the election, I (and perhaps some other folks from our community) would be interested in chatting with you (and any of your fellow journalists or editors at the station) about KQED's coverage of libertarian perspectives in general and Libertarian candidates in particular, the responsibility of taxpayer-funded outlets in particular to cover races in a fair and equal manner, judgements as to who and what is newsworthy, etc.

How about it?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Fair enough, Erin. Would you be willing to sit down with some of us after the election to discuss KQED's approaches to news coverage, and let your editors/producers/etc. know we'd love to have them in the conversation as well by passing along this message (please "cc" me on the email) asking them to respond to the invitation?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

You know more about the people at KQED and their roles than I do; I would say please go ahead and ask whichever handful of staff members you think would be most relevant, based on their roles (could be reporters and/or editors). People who report on politics would certainly fit the bill. Thanks!

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))