Our monthly LPSF meeting is tomorrow (Saturday Jan. 14), from 3-5pm. I renewed our reservation for the library meeting room (the Paley conference room on the 3rd floor of the SF main library at Larkin and Grove streets).
Join us there in person if you can, or if that’s not possible, you can participate via video at Jitsi Meet.
Besides our annual January officer elections, here are a couple other items for the agenda:
(1) Ordering the materials we discussed buying in September. (We ended up not ordering them at that time because it would have cost several hundred dollars in shipping to have the order get to us in time for the Folsom Street Fair where we’d planned to do outreach). Now since there’s no immediate deadline, we can forego that cost and do regular ground delivery which would cost us $40.72.
• 250 Civil Liberties rack cards
• 250 The Economy rack cards
• 250 Nolan Chart door hangers
“Affiliate In A Box” package items (2 boxes); each box contains:
• 100 wristbands
• 100 ballpoint pens
• 100 stickers
• 100 tip cards
• 100 branded magnets
The cost for these materials comes to a total of $440, so our total cost with shipping would be $480.72. This would ensure we have a decent stock of outreach materials on hand for any outreach opportunity that may arise.
Anyway, I’ve attached the draft letter to this email. Your thoughts? Hope to see you tomorrow!
Love & Liberty,
((( starchild )))
(2) Decide whether to publish the outreach letter I wrote on our website now, or stay with our original plan to wait and use it in a mailing to registered Libertarians in SF once we schedule a social or some other special event so we can invite recipients to that as part of the letter? It makes somewhat more sense to me that we save the letter for the outreach mailing (and then publish it online after we’ve mailed it), rather than publishing one version online now and then mailing an amended version after we schedule an event. (Assuming we do still want to schedule a social or some other event to which to invite recipients of a mailing, which I think is more likely to draw people to get involved than just saying “come to our next meeting” without anything special to announce.) But on the other hand our website does need fresh content. And Chris Mendes says that if I post it on the website he “might believe” that I want to grow the LP and am not just engaged in self-promotion(!), so there’s that, FWIW. :-/
Begin forwarded message:
Vomela, the management company for our LPStore, says your order shipping costs will be
Ground Home Delivery: $40.72
Priority Overnight (Monday-Friday only): $92.82
So, let me know, send us a check with a note about what to order
Mat Thexton, Operations Center Manager
Libertarian National Committee, Inc.
1444 Duke St., Alexandria, VA 22314
800-353-2887 ext 233
Join the Libertarian Party at LP.org
LPSF - Letter to Reg-Libs - 7:22.odt (43.2 KB)