[LPNY DISCUSS] RE: Sam Sloan for President My Campaign Speech Version 1.0

Thank you Alton for your very important comments.

Yes. My speech is at present 8 minutes long and when I give the speech
tomorrow afternoon which should be on C-Span where I will be in an
undercard Democratic Party debate. I will only be allowed two minutes. So,
I will have to cut it down.

I should clarify my remarks. My uncle Alden Jacobson was not in the crew of
Bock's Car. He was the pilot of another aircraft that flew along side the
plane that dropped the bomb. The name of my uncles airplane was "Jakes
Jalopy", named after himself because his nickname was Jake.

My uncle who was in the Invasion of Iwo Jima was Edward Sloan. You can find
his name on the list of invaders.

My uncle in the Battle of the Bulge was Newell Jacobson. As there were a
million men in that battle on both sides his name does not seem to appear
on any lists. He was in the Tank Corps under Patton.

My father Leroy Sloan did not serve in any battles because he had medical
problems and was deemed unfit to serve, Some day I will try to look him up
and see if I can find out more about it.

I had two more uncles on my mothers side and one more on my fathers side. I
believe they were all in the military but I do not know where.

Thank you for asking giving me the opportunity to answer.

Interesting information on Trump. Did you know that the British Parliament
is scheduled to debate a resolution to ban Trump from entering the UK? I
hope it passes.

I am running as a Democrat. You know my secret which is I am actually a
Libertarian. However, with almost all the Republicans bragging about how
many new wars they are going to start and how many bombs they are going to
drop on various countries of the world, I think that no conscientious
Libertarian can call himself a Republican nowadays.

Sam Sloan

Hi Sam,

<< Thank you Alton for your very important comments.>>

You're welcome.

Yes, cutting down your speech would be most prudent. I wish you luck during your debate. What time will C-Span broadcast it? I will set my DVR. BTW, another member of this yahoo group by the name of Winger, I believe, said that Mark Stewart will also be in this debate, and Mark is also a liberty-minded candidate. (See the separate thread, "Meet Mark Stewart.) Good luck to you and to him.

As for your uncle, Alden Jacobson, thank you for the clarification. I did a "fact check" on his "Jake's Jalopy" and I found a detailed account of his time in WW II as a bomber pilot who flew his B-29, named "Jake's Jalopy." Since he flew 16 missions on this plane, what plane did he fly for his previous 14 missions? (You did say he flew in 30 missions, didn't you? And were they all in the Pacific Theater?) When I did a "Bing" for "Jake's Jalopy," the first hit I saw and the only one I read was, "My Uncle was a Bomber Pilot over Japan in World War II." When I saw "Alden Jacobson," was the "uncle," I realize it must be you who wrote this highly detailed and very interesting article (see: http://anusha.com/alden.htm.

It seems your uncle, as were your other "War Hero" uncles, was the "real deal," unlike many WW II vets who didn't serve in the front lines. But this is not to diminish their time in WW II as not every Vet served in the front line. (General Patton, who your uncle, Newell Jacobson, no doubt saw in person, once complained that he couldn't get enough infantrymen, though there were millions of American troops in Europe. He probably wasn't mollified when he was told that for every soldier on the frontline, nine (9) soldiers were needed to support him from the rear! BTW, was Newell a tank crew member?)

Anyhow, speaking of "real deals," Sam Finkelstein was a former co-worker who retired several years ago. Sadly, he also passed away several years ago. Sam was a WW II veteran. Attached, in PDF format is a copy of his honorable discharge paper, both front and back. He had asked me to make copies for him when I told him I bought a new personal copier (a Canon PC-7). I was happy to oblige him and I also made some copies for myself, because I found the document very interesting.

What's really interesting are the details of his time in the Army during WW II. I especially liked box 32, "Battles and Campaigns," which shows that Sam took part in some really tough battles during the Italian Campaign. Indeed, he was an infantryman, and fought right up there in the front. He too was the real deal. Miraculously, Sam suffered nary a scratch. Indeed, he left Italy unscathed, though, as Sam told me, he did an "awful lot" of schtupping.

Do you have your uncle's discharge papers? If so, I'd love to see what their box 32 showed.

As for Trump, I wasn't aware that the British Parliament is scheduled to debate a resolution to ban Trump from entering the UK. I pray that they vote to ban him. But what would be the "trigger" for this ban? It won't be for his caustic, though correct, remarks about Muslims, would it? The UK liberal politicians, like their counterparts across the pond, just love Muslims, and their jihads. Still, Trump is unconstitutionally ineligible to run for president since he is not a "natural born citizen." And, if I may remind you and everyone else, the Constitution is more perfect than the Koran.

That's all for now. Thanks for an interesting conversation. And good luck to you.

Talk to you.

Alton

---In lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com, <samhsloan@...> wrote :

Thank you Alton for your very important comments.

Yes. My speech is at present 8 minutes long and when I give the speech tomorrow afternoon which should be on C-Span where I will be in an undercard Democratic Party debate. I will only be allowed two minutes. So, I will have to cut it down.

I should clarify my remarks. My uncle Alden Jacobson was not in the crew of Bock's Car. He was the pilot of another aircraft that flew along side the plane that dropped the bomb. The name of my uncles airplane was "Jakes Jalopy", named after himself because his nickname was Jake.

My uncle who was in the Invasion of Iwo Jima was Edward Sloan. You can find his name on the list of invaders.

My uncle in the Battle of the Bulge was Newell Jacobson. As there were a million men in that battle on both sides his name does not seem to appear on any lists. He was in the Tank Corps under Patton.

My father Leroy Sloan did not serve in any battles because he had medical problems and was deemed unfit to serve, Some day I will try to look him up and see if I can find out more about it.

I had two more uncles on my mothers side and one more on my fathers side. I believe they were all in the military but I do not know where.

Thank you for asking giving me the opportunity to answer.

Interesting information on Trump. Did you know that the British Parliament is scheduled to debate a resolution to ban Trump from entering the UK? I hope it passes.

I am running as a Democrat. You know my secret which is I am actually a Libertarian. However, with almost all the Republicans bragging about how many new wars they are going to start and how many bombs they are going to drop on various countries of the world, I think that no conscientious Libertarian can call himself a Republican nowadays.

Sam Sloan

noon8window.pdf (36 Bytes)

noon8window.pdf (36 Bytes)