LPC County Grant Program (Please read & respond by tomorrow evening)

Hi Marcy,

Thanks for your note. I haven't seen any other responses. That being the case, I'd like to go ahead and send this in.

If Les, Aubrey and Denny can send a quick note confirming you're cool with it, that would be appreciated.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))

Go

Les,

Thanks for your input and approval. With regard to the "petty cash fund for activism" program, I was envisioning money going directly to individual activists (though in a manner that would be transparent to a county chapter as a whole), so the co-mingling of funds in the LPSF bank account shouldn't be an issue if this were to come to fruition in the manner described.

I'm not sure whether the LPSF has the "critical mass" needed either, although I am counting on the fact that the active presence of the Golden Gate Liberty r3VOLution group (formerly the local Ron Paul Meetup) adds considerably to the numbers of pre-freedom activists here in San Francisco who could assist in and benefit from such an opportunity.

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))

Hi Starchild and Les,

Yes, if I understand Starchild's proposal correctly, he is not requesting any funds for LPSF's use, but rather giving the LPCA an idea of how the funds they are counting on having could be managed. In Starchild's scenario, again assuming I understand correctly, the activists themselves, not the LPSF, would ask the LPCA directly for money to buy literature, etc. Conversely, LPCA's program as it stands now, asks the chapter itself (LPSF) to submit the funding request, then the chapter (LPSF) does the disbursements to the activists.

So, the way I see it, with Starchilds' proposal, the business would be between the individual activists and the LPCA, which sounds excellent to me (again, based on my not having seen any terms or details of the LPCA program).

Assuming I am correct in my interpretation of Starchild's plan, I will say that the reason I like a plan where LPSF would not get involved is because I envision a lot of time spent by LPSF treasurer or officers, and a lot of haggling, as requests for approval of expenses come in, given that Starchild is not limiting the requests to core LPSF activists.

Now, should the LPCA come back with a request for LPSF to submit a funding request based on LPCA's present criteria (money goes to the LPSF, not the activists directly), then we have a completely different story. A plan would need to be developed, discussed, and approved at a regular LPSF meeting. Count on my "NO" vote for any last minute action that has not been discussed and approved at a regular LPSF meeting.

Marcy

Yes Marcy, you understand correctly. Right now there is no LPC program, or plan to fund local activism on an ongoing basis, that I'm aware of. My impression is that people are generally thinking in terms of applying for funding of specific current or planned expenses, but I thought I'd give an idea of how low-level funding could be managed on a longer-term, ongoing basis.

By the way, in my response to Les below I referred to "pre-freedom activists" -- that should have been PRO-freedom activists! My comment about being uncertain of whether the LPSF has critical mass was in regard to the local viability of my second idea, namely obtaining some kind of theater or similar large space for video screenings and other activities.

I'll try to keep people here posted when I hear anything further on any of this.

Love & Liberty,
                                ((( starchild )))

Thanks for the clarification, Starchild. Thanks for presenting your plan to the LPCA

Marcy