LP membership card

I just got one in the mail. Does it serve some purpose?

-- Steve

Yeah - a not so subtle-quiet-soft hint to send money.

Ron Getty
SF Libertarian

Steve Dekorte <steve@...> wrote:

I just got one in the mail. Does it serve some purpose?

-- Steve

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
Click Here

It gives you the opportunity to be a card carrying libertarian.

/Lars

Steve,

The membership card serves several important purposes.

(1) It appeases those of us who think the LP's ideas are being too watered down by printing the party's Statement of Principles on the back.
(2) It allows people who want to do so to call themselves "card-carrying members" of the Libertarian Party.
(3) It serves as a reminder that your membership has expired, if you look at your most recent card and it has a previous year's date on it.
(4) It helps the national headquarters raise money when they package it with fundraising letters.
(5) It looks good on TV when prominent individuals who join the party at the national convention are handed the new, improved plastic card.

I'm only speculating about number five.

Yours in liberty,
          <<< Starchild >>>

I'm a bit concerned that the party's limited funds are being squandered on marketing gimmicks. It would be nice if one could fill out a form on lp.org to request email-only communications so the party could save the resources spent on physical mailings.

-- Steve

Dear Steve;

Why don't you call or write or e-mail the powers that be at national and Cal-State and invite them to do such a thing?

It is a relatively simple process to set up a e-mail file server bin for monthly newsletters and important notices. With the start up costs eventually ameloriated by the savings in
paper and postage. Be sure to mention the cost vs. benefits vs. savings issue.

Ron Getty
SF Libertarian

Steve Dekorte <steve@...> wrote:

Yeah - a not so subtle-quiet-soft hint to send money.

It gives you the opportunity to be a card carrying libertarian.

I'm a bit concerned that the party's limited funds are being squandered
on marketing gimmicks. It would be nice if one could fill out a form on
lp.org to request email-only communications so the party could save the
resources spent on physical mailings.

-- Steve

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
Click Here