[Lnc-discuss] My suggesting on "marketing" that delegates are not required to purchase a package

Geoff,

I appreciate and support this level of disclosure about costs. Nevertheless, remember that there is profound disagreement about who is being subsidized under what conditions! Some Libertarians believe that delegates who buy packages and/or stay at the convention hotel will be subsidizing those who do not. Other Libertarians believe that delegates who share the costs of a pricier venue than they would have preferred or might be readily able to afford will be subsidizing those with more expensive tastes.

Unfortunately the language below clearly takes only one side of that debate, and therefore I cannot support it as written. However, I think it could be fixed to be even-handed in that respect without too much difficulty. Essentially, either members of *both* groups viewed as being subsidized should be explicitly encouraged to spend/donate more, or members of *neither* group should.

I believe we should also thank all our delegates for volunteering their time and resources to attend the convention, especially if doing so represents a hardship or significant sacrifice for them.

I don't have time to craft substitute language right now, but will try to do so later this evening or tomorrow. If anyone else wants to take a stab at it, please do (if you're not on the LNC, send me your proposed language and I'll forward it to the LNC list).

Love & Liberty,
                 ((( starchild )))
At-Large Representative, Libertarian National Committee