Link to join the national Libertarian Party

For Mike, who said at our meeting Saturday that he’d join the national party, and anyone else who might want to join or renew a national membership, here’s the link so the LPSF can get credit:

For those unfamiliar, the national party has separate memberships from the California LP and other state affiliates, although I understand there is an effort to revive some kind of unified membership plan. I believe different memberships at the state and federal levels were initially set up to comply with government regulations.

Anyway, the dues to be a basic member at each level are $25/year. Donating $25 or more per year to belong to the national party helps support the work of the staff at national LP headquarters in Alexandria, VA, including most notably ballot efforts to get the party’s presidential and vice-presidential nominees on the ballot in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia. This costs hundreds of thousands of dollars and is no small undertaking; the LP has only done it a few times, and in recent years has been the only alternative party to do so. Each state has their own requirements and timeline for filing, often involving collecting large numbers of signatures.

Being a national member also allows you to serve as a delegate at national LP conventions, and serve in national party office if you desire.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

1 Like

Done

Mike

···

Sent: Monday, October 11, 2021 7:06 PM
To: LPSF Activist List lpsf-activists@forum.lpsf.org
Cc: mike@dennz.com
Subject: Link to join the national Libertarian Party

For Mike, who said at our meeting Saturday that he'd join the national party, and anyone else who might want to join or renew a national membership, here's the link so the LPSF can get credit:
            For those unfamiliar, the national party has separate memberships from the California LP and other state affiliates, although I understand there is an effort to revive some kind of unified membership plan. I believe different memberships at the state and federal levels were initially set up to comply with government regulations.

Anyway, the dues to be a basic member at each level are $25/year. Donating $25 or more per year to belong to the national party helps support the work of the staff at national LP headquarters in Alexandria, VA, including most notably ballot efforts to get the party's presidential and vice-presidential nominees on the ballot in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia. This costs hundreds of thousands of dollars and is no small undertaking; the LP has only done it a few times, and in recent years has been the only alternative party to do so. Each state has their own requirements and timeline for filing, often involving collecting large numbers of signatures.

Being a national member also allows you to serve as a delegate at national LP conventions, and serve in national party office if you desire.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Cool, thanks Mike!

Anyone else?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

On Oct 11, 2021, at 7:30 PM, mike@dennz.com via LPSF Forum wrote:

dennz
October 12
Done

Mike

··· (click for more details)
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Starchild
October 12
For Mike, who said at our meeting Saturday that he’d join the national party, and anyone else who might want to join or renew a national membership, here’s the link so the LPSF can get credit: For those unfamiliar, the national party has separate memberships from the California LP and other state…
Previous Replies

Starchild
October 12
For Mike, who said at our meeting Saturday that he’d join the national party, and anyone else who might want to join or renew a national membership, here’s the link so the LPSF can get credit:

Libertarian Party

Join Us! - Libertarian Party

The Libertarian Party is made up of many thousands of Americans of all backgrounds. We receive no government funding or corporate funding. We are funded entirely by Americans who want to help give liberty a voice.

Est. reading time: 8 minutes

Anyway, the dues to be a basic member at each level are $25/year. Donating $25 or more per year to belong to the national party helps support the work of the staff at national LP headquarters in Alexandria, VA, including most notably ballot efforts to get the party’s presidential and vice-presidential nominees on the ballot in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia. This costs hundreds of thousands of dollars and is no small undertaking; the LP has only done it a few times, and in recent years has been the only alternative party to do so. Each state has their own requirements and timeline for filing, often involving collecting large numbers of signatures.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.
To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.
If you were forwarded this email and want to subscribe, click here.

Oops, I used https://my.lp.org/contribute/join/?source=CA. It’s best to use the one Starchild gave in the OP!