KQED Two minute free Political Spot

today I recorded a two minute spot at KQEd. Not much time, so I concentrated on one thing, wether Nancy Pelosi is anti war or pro war. I think I didu us proud, and even more important, I looked good doing it. Better to look good than to sound good!

I met the Republican candidate. all I can say is they must have gotten her from central casting. Not quite the natural good vibes I got with Mike D'Annunzio. It might be a natural ethnic affinity thing. I thought I was talking to Pat Nixon.Anyway Dana nixed the Pelosi female impersonator idea that I pitched, with some kind of riff about conservative contributers from all over the country and discomfort with the excesses of some gay culture. We watched each others recording. We could not be more different in views. she related how her people had registered 18 people one day in I think it was the mission. she was amazed until told that it was all skateboarders signing up to support RP.

Dana is an interior decorator. Her eyes glazed over when I discussed Nancy's betrayal of roosevelt in voting to repeal Glass Steagall, leading the massive speculation of th banks first on dot coms , then on real estate, and now the bust. I think I will stick with the Pelosi and Clinton betrayal of Roosevelt's legacy of trying to prevent another great depression.

KQED was terrific. They really tried to work with my blind issues and gave me three tries to get it right. I think I hit it out of the ball park. I hope you agree when it becomes available. To be aired sometime in October.

Phil,

Thanks for the interesting report. Yup, she sounds typically Republican!

Dana nixed the Pelosi female impersonator idea that I pitched, with some kind of riff about conservative contributers from all over the country and discomfort with the excesses of some gay culture

What about some outreach to skateboarders in the Mission? I think some stickers with a skateboard superimposed over a capitol building like a slash through it, surrounded by the words "Skate Free Or Die!" would go over well. Or perhaps a pissed-off Statue of Liberty holding a skateboard. Both boards could have the LPSF website on them. Any graphic artists in the house? (As if!)

When will the KTVU slot air, do you know?

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))

Good idea about reaching out to the skateboarders. Want to offer them
some of our posters? There's a panel on it about skateboarding.