Judge Curtis Karnow is up for re-election and he has a Public Defender opponent

Hi All: Am passing this on at Richard Winger's request.Françoise
Francoise Fielding 820 Stanyan Street,#5 San Francisco, CA 94117 415-386-8643

Hi Francoise--thanks for passing on this one.

Richard, perhaps you want to write an article for our newsletter and
website regarding this? I could do it, but you're really the expert on
this. Karnow has gotta go!

Thanks!
Aubrey

There are four attorneys from the Public Defenders' office running for judge – besides Maria Evangelista, there are three named Streets, Solis, and Maloof. A couple of them were at the Harvey Milk Democratic Club meeting I attended on Saturday, as was Karnow, who claimed he'd supported bail reform, but got some pushback from both the audience and Evangelista.

I'm not familiar with their specific records (listening to candidates for judge speak is pretty useless, as they generally always say they can't talk about policy issues), although I did individually ask Maloof after he spoke about jury nullification and he sounded supportive. But I think SF Public Defender Jeff Adachi's office is generally doing a great job, and absent strong info to the contrary, will be supporting these four candidates. I took a slate sign for them at the meeting, and have it up in my window.

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))

I would love to have been at this event. If anyone knows of future such events, call me at 415-922-9779 or e-mail me richardwinger@yahoo.com. Thanks! Richard Winger 415-922-9779 PO Box 470296, San Francisco Ca 94147

Hi Richard. I'm not as regular as you with your newsletter, though I do
try to get one out by the end of the month each month. If it doesn't make
the current newsletter, then we'll put it in the next one. We can put up
on the website right away once it's done. No particular reason to push
yourself to get it done immediately, though it would be good to have it out
there before early voting starts for the June election (early May).

Thanks!
Aubrey