Interesting website with LPSF's recommendations

Interesting website: Crowdpack. They have picked up the Libertarian Party of San Francisco's recommendations for the November 2015 elections, although they call them "endorsements." They have information not just for San Francisco, but nationwide on who is running, who is endorsing who, etc.

https://www.crowdpac.com/ballot/J20

PS: Crowdpack used the LP California logo instead of ours for the LPSF recommendations, but that is OK.

Marcy

Hmm. I see they also missed our recommendation of Ross Mirkarimi for sheriff. I sent them a note to that effect, as well as clarifying that any advice we give to vote for non-Libertarians are recommendations, not endorsements, and mentioning the incorrect logo used.

BTW, the name of their site appears to be "Crowdpac" (PAC as in "Political Action Committee", presumably). "Crowdpack", by contrast, is what happens at the Pride Festival each year when the police position their barriers to allow insufficient room for the crowds that line the sides of Market Street. :wink:

Love & Liberty,
                                 ((( starchild )))

Hi Starchild,

I guess you missed my comment that their website indicates endorsements -- specifically endorsements -- not recommendations, not suggestions, not hopeful prayers. LPSF did not endorse Mirkarimi. I will not be a happy camper if the confusion causes them to place Mirkarimi as being endorsed by LPSF.

Marcy

Well, I gave them the correct info. What they do with it is up to them I guess.

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))

P.S. - This reminds me, I never wrote up a formal blurb for out Mirkarimi recommendation specifically for the website. Marcy, please go ahead and use the language on the postcard for that purpose. I notice that the page listing our recommendations (http://www.lpsf.org/elections-campaigns/915-local-ballot-measure-recommendations.html) does not mention the sheriff at all.

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))

Nope. He is strictly your baby. I voted against recommending him. We agreed you would write the blurb.

Marcy

P.S. - This reminds me, I never wrote up a formal blurb for out Mirkarimi recommendation specifically for the website. Marcy, please go ahead and use the language on the postcard for that purpose. I notice that the page listing our recommendations (http://www.lpsf.org/elections-campaigns/915-local-ballot-measure-recommendations.html) does not mention the sheriff at all.

Love & Liberty,
                              ((( starchild )))

Marcy,

I wrote a blurb for the postcard, and am asking you to use that.

Love & Liberty,
                                ((( starchild )))

The discussion at the meeting was quite clear. I was not going to write the recommendation for Mirkarimi on the website, you were. At the time of that discussion, there was no idea in our minds about any postcard. You are a publisher on our website. What is the problem here?

Marcy

Well Marcy, one problem is that I can't find the sheet you gave me about the way to post stuff and get it to show up where and how it's supposed to (if that sheet even included posting to the page where the ballot stuff is). At least if you're asking me to post what I wrote myself. I'm not quite clear if that's what you're asking. If you can post it, you already have the text from the postcard.

I've been communicating with the guy from the Crowdpac site, and he updated our page. The headline looks funny due to some auto-fill mechanism they have that automatically adds "'s ballot" after each group name, but he did add the word "recommendations":

https://www.crowdpac.com/ballot/J20

Love & Liberty,
                                ((( starchild )))

I see that in the meantime as I've been preoccupied with other matters, our website STILL has no mention of our vote to recommend voters reelect Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi, as my last message below on this topic [in conversation with Marcy on the LPSF-discuss list over a week ago] appears to have gone unanswered.

I just went ahead and stayed up most of the night writing a longer article, which I went in to try to post, and could not. I'm getting a weird error message. Not sure whether the settings have been changed, or it's my browser or what.

MARCY, AS OUR WEBMASTER, PLEASE POST THE ARTICLE AND PHOTO/CAPTION BELOW TO THE TOP OF THE MAIN PAGE, ASAP!

It is very regrettable that we have not had anything on the site about our recommendation for sheriff sooner than the day before the election!

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))

Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi -- a voice for civil liberties and immigrant and transgender rights.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Although the Libertarian Party of San Francisco decided at our last meeting to recommend a vote to reelect Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi, this decision unfortunately did not make it onto the elections recommendations page on our website.

(Attachment SheriffRossMirkarimi.jpg is missing)