IMPORTANT - [Lnc-discuss] Question about confidentiality of LNC discuss (non-confidential)

NOTE: This is the first time I have directly referred to this LNC reflector list on the LNC-Discuss list (although I believe a number of other LNC members know about it), so given the discussion that has already taken place there, I anticipate there may be some attempt to either shut this list down, or keep me from being able to continue to post LNC messages here for ordinary LP members to be able to read. I have always intended to be fully open about the existence of this list and have made no attempt to keep it secret, but thought it best to get caught up on forwarding messages first, which I have now done in the past day or so, before making it virtually impossible for the secrecy faction on the LNC to ignore, in case they make some attempt at censorship.

Therefore, if you value having the ability to follow what the LNC is doing, NOW is the time to let all party members know about this list -- the more members vote with their feet by subscribing, the more loathe others will be to shut it down, I think -- and to lobby your LNC members for openness and transparency. Let them know that you will oppose their reelection if they attempt to enforce secrecy!

List of LNC members who seem to be committed advocates of secrecy:

Scott Lieberman (Alternate, Region 4 - AR, CA, NV, NM, NY) - scott73@...
Sam Goldstein (Alternate, Region 3 - IN, KY, OH, MI) - sam.goldstein@...
David Blau (Alternate, Region 5n - CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, RI, VT) - chair@...
Daniel Wiener (Regional Rep., Region 4 - AR, CA, NV, NM, NY) - wiener@...

List of LNC members who have indicated some willingness to embrace secrecy (please don't be too hard on them, they may be open to reason):

Geoff Neale (LP Chair) - chair@...
Norm Olsen (Regional Rep., Region 1 - AK, AZ, CO, HI, ID, KS, MT, UT, WA, WY) - region4rep@...

I am likely forgetting one or two folks here, but don't have time to go back and check now. If anyone else has names to add to this list based on the message archives, please do so.

Love & Liberty,
                               ((( starchild )))
At-Large Representative, Libertarian National Committee
                             (415) 625-FREE