I Have Another Court Appearance Tomorrow - Thursday Sept. 21, 9:00 a.m.

Tomorrow may see a little more movement in my case than there has been recently. The appeals court unfortunately rejected our request to get a different judge, so we're back in judge Keith Fudenna's courtroom. There is a different prosecutor, however; we'll see if that brings any changes. My attorney Erica will probably try to sound him out, and we will also be filing a discovery motion.

As usual, she'll be giving me a ride over to Fremont from SF. Jenny who's in town from Madison will be joining us, and probably Aster who has faithfully accompanied me to almost all my court appearances. There may be room for one or two more in the car, depending; if anyone else would like a ride, please let me know. We'll be meeting outside Erica's office (345 Franklin Street between Hayes & Grove) at 7:30 a.m.

If you go over on your own, the location is the Fremont Municipal Court, 39439 Paseo Padre Parkway, and there's free parking in the lot behind the building (praise small miracles). Alternately, it's about a 10 minute walk from the Fremont BART station -- just exit out the BART parking lot and go right on Walnut past Civic until you come to Paseo Padre, then it's just across the street on your left. We're in Department 602 on the 2nd floor, starting at 9:00 a.m. Typically they don't actually get rolling until 9:15 or so, but I'm usually first on the docket even though there are plenty of other folks present with unrelated legal matters. When you have a private attorney you go to the head of the line; they are the only people besides the judge whose time seems to be respected by the court!

Love & liberty,
        <<< starchild >>>