Growing numbers of United Statians moving toward religious independence

I agree with most of what is being said here by everyone but Glenn....

but I have to challenge something,

calling Hagee an anti-semite isn't exactly the truth (if you also believe that arabs are semites too),

in fact, Hagee is quite a vehement Ultra-Zionist, who hopes to get all jews back to Israel so that Christ comes again soon... I also witnessed one of his sermons where he said: quote: "when I see a man wearing an earring, I just wanna PUKE!!!" (he yelled PUKE).

He has been known for his vehement hatred of muslims and gays, and other alternative lifestyle choice makers.

Your friendly former evangelical turned atheist,

-TJ Campbell
Santa Clara County LP

Tom,

Hagee and others like him don't do this out of love for Israel, it has to do with their unique interpretations of Biblical prophecy. In fact, Hagee was sending materials over to Israel to construct a new Temple---which he believes will usher in an apocalypse resulting in the destruction of all Jews. It's not widely reported in America's pro-evangelical media, but Hagee's contractor for the project over there is a Baltic neo-nazi who lives in the West Bank and proudly wears swastikas.

so Hagee is playing both sides, what a shock...

I have seen him with many of the leaders of Israel and heard him praise the Israeli "furer" Netanyahu many times over....

although IMHO, Netanyahu and others in Israel are fascists themselves and definately sway the neo-con way, so he may play the same side.... btw, did I mention I am not a fan of the GOVERNMENT of Israel?

-TJ

Yes, but that's typical of what the Religious Right does. Notice that when they're out of power, they sound almost libertarian--- all for school choice, against subsidies, states' rights, &c. When they're in power though, we get their social engineering schemes crammed down our throats.

Tim,

Here's a specimen of Hagee's views on the Jews and Israel generally. Somebody sent me this link from another forum, let me know if it doesn't work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct4_ze_FjNo&feature=channel_page

--- In lpsf-discuss@yahoogroups.com, Tim Campbell
<profreedomradical@...> wrote: