Governor Schwarzenegger says it's time to debate legalizing marijuana for recreational use in California

I guess he must have seen the poll that said 56% of Californians are in favor of it. But whatever -- as with Assemblyman Tom Ammiano (author of groundbreaking legislation AB 390 which would re-legalize recreational use of cannabis but tax it at the rip-off rate of $50 an ounce), I'd rather have him do the right thing for the wrong reason than not do it at all. Well, at least move in the direction of doing the right thing -- the governor says he still opposes legalization, he just thinks it's time to talk about it. Can anyone say "waffle?"

This move does put him ahead of president Obama on the issue though. If Schwarzenegger's policy has been upgraded to a waffle, Obama's remains a stale piece of toast.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Thankfully, Gov. Schicklgruber will be out of office next year. I'm guessing his only motive in 'debating' it is as a source of tax revenue; but the move for legalisation in the Assembly probably indicates that it will happen with or without his approval.

I suspect that was the only (or at least the main) motive for Assemblyman Ammiano introducing AB 390 too, but hopefully you're right that it will pass.

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))

P.S. - Where have I heard the name "Schicklgruber" before?

LOL---Schicklgruber; Arnold's family back in Austria!