Good news – governor signs AB 1475, prohibiting police posting of mugshots on social media for most crimes

Glad to see the ability of police to poison the waters of public opinion against suspects prior to them having their day in court being limited.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

-----Forwarded Message-----
Sent: Jul 24, 2021 3:47 PM
To: oakland Privacy Working Group oaklandprivacyworkinggroup@lists.riseup.net
Subject: [oaklandprivacy] Fwd: AB-1475: Final Results

Very happy to report that the repaired AB 1475, which will prohibit the placement of mugshots on social media by the cops for any crime that does not constitute a violent felony, has been signed by the governor and will be law as of January 1. We owe a debt to Senate Public Safety which took a weak bill and made it a strong one. Yay!

So what happened in Berkeley in 2017-2018 will not happen again. Anywhere.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 11:05 PM
Subject: AB-1475: Final Results
To: tracyrose@gmail.com

AB-1475 Final ResultsPlease do not reply to this automated message Tracking Notification:

AB-1475: Law enforcement: social media.

On 23-JUL-21 the following history action was applied:

“Chaptered by Secretary of State - Chapter 126, Statutes of 2021.”
click here to unsubscribe

Tracy RosenbergExecutive DirectorMedia Alliance
2830 20th Street, Suite 102
San Francisco CA 94110
www.media-alliance.org(415) 746-9475510-684-6853 Celltracy@media-alliance.org

Virus-free. www.avg.com

To unsubscribe send email to: oaklandprivacyworkinggroup-unsubscribe@lists.riseup.net

Helping notify unsuspecting, ignorant members of the public about confirmed serial smash&grab car thieves menacing their neighborhoods ( costing thousands in damages & headaches often for less than US5$5.00¢ gain ), peaedophiles near kiddie playgrounds, rapists/stalkers lurking in & around women’s restrooms & sports facilities seems like a solid public service FORMERLY done responsibly by private news media “historically” * with tremendous & valid public interest ( * but now that msmSnews is OWNED by bigPharma pushing snakeoils over health, law enforcement must do it — at taxpayer expense ).

As an intentional savvy peaceful PROTESTOR, having My activism & unapologetic mugshot broadcast by the @DCPoliceDept for FREE in PRINT & ONLINE as I was “punking” both the Federal ( Congress, Supremes, WH, Federal District & Superior Courts, & Popo ) & local govt Keystone Cops & @DCCouncil & Burgermeisterin @MurielBowser — using their own TOOLS against them ( My friends in msmSnews were clued in on My history & activism & never mentioned it in print or online … #TheRevolutionWillNotBeTelevised … ) — was priceless. :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sunglasses: :cowboy_hat_face:

audre lorde masters tools