Geezers Re: [lpsf-discuss] Digest Number 889

Hello all, Ron Getty has my vote for Emperor. Re Geezers, Jeff Hummel holds that it (the national debt) would all be resolved by U.S Government default, as much of it was by invalidation of the gold clauses in 1933; I say expect one sharp hyperinflation. Sound recreational apocalyticism suggests owning productive assets (such as a medical education).

Dear Bart Lee;

You mean I could call myself Emperor like Emperor Norton did? Afterall, he did have some very Libertarian ideas.

Politics
In 1869 he abolished both the Democratic and Republican parties, declaring "Being desirous of allaying the dissension's of party strife now existing within our realm, [I] do hereby dissolve and abolish the Democratic and Republican parties, and also do hereby degree the disfranchisement and imprisonment, for not more than ten, nor less than five years, to all persons leading to any violation of this our imperial decree." --San Francisco Herald,

August 4, 1869

Another time he called upon the other leaders of the world to join him in forming a League of Nations where disputes between nations could be resolved peacefully.

He continued to make proclamations throughout his reign. These included commanding that the Golden Gate bridge be built and one about the name of the city, "Whoever after due and proper warning shall be heard to utter the abdominal word 'Frisco,' which has no linguistic or other warrant, shall be deemed guilty of a High Misdemeanor." Penalty for noncompliance was $25.

I know lets devalue the US greenback by 1,000 to 1 and go back on the gold certificate arbitrarily fixed at $50/troy oz gold.

That should create some real fun times.

Ron Getty
SF Libertarian

kv6lee@... wrote:

Hello all, Ron Getty has my vote for Emperor. Re Geezers, Jeff Hummel holds that it (the national debt) would all be resolved by U.S Government default, as much of it was by invalidation of the gold clauses in 1933; I say expect one sharp hyperinflation. Sound recreational apocalyticism suggests owning productive assets (such as a medical education).