FYI - $450 Million SFUSD Bond Issue UPDATE ON PDF Copy

Dear Everyone;

Based on a conversation I had with the Facilities Department of the SFUSD there were some amendments made of the $450 million school bond issue to include John Burton and still keep it under the budget. This amendment has to be incorporated into the ballot version. Once this has been approved and included I have been told a PDF will be posted on the main web site of the SFUSD. The expectation is in getting the approved amendments installed and the pdf created in the next couple of days.

I am on the to be called list when it is ready.

Ron Getty
SF Libertarian

BTW: I won't go into what it took to get to the right person ( automated voice mail push this button push this number etc etc etc) But when I did get the right person - they definitely were the right person.

Dear Everyone;

More news on the SF school bond issue. Matier and Ross had this in Monday's SF Chronicle about the school bond issue:

Ron Getty
SF Libertarian

Making the grade:
At first blush, the San Francisco school district's call for a $450 million fix-up bond looks like a real winner -- but a closer look at the district's own polling shows it could face a rough road come November.
The bond, authorized by the school board Thursday to pay for repairs and upgrades at 60 schools, requires a 55 percent approval from voters.
A new poll for the district conducted by David Binder Research showed support among voters for school bonds in general is around 65 percent.
But when the 600 likely voters were asked specifically if they were willing to back a $450 million bond, support dropped to the high 50s, much closer to the make-it-or-break-it 55 percent threshold.
Separately, pollsters also tested a couple of the arguments that opponents might raise, and found they had more than a little traction with those surveyed.
One of the biggest arguments against the bonds is that the district has wasted past funds and hasn't even spent all the $295 million from the last bond, approved by voters in 2003.
Hot button issue No. 2: The 2003 bond also held the promise of wide-ranging improvements, but most of what the district has spent has gone to improve disability access in response to a lawsuit.