[FWD: NYTimes.com: Has the ‘Libertarian Moment’ Finally Arrived?]

Haven’t read this yet (it won’t come out in the print edition of the NYT until tomorrow) but thought it might interest some of you.
Françoise

Sent by francoise@thefieldingcompanies.com:

###### # Has the ‘Libertarian Moment’ Finally Arrived?###### By ROBERT DRAPERRand Paul and the libertarians could win young voters for the G.O.P. — if the party doesn’t shut them down.

Or, copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://nyti.ms/1szuE0U
To get unlimited access to all New York Times articles, subscribe today. See Subscription Options.

To ensure delivery to your inbox, please add nytdirect@nytimes.com to your address book.
Advertisement

Copyright 2014 | The New York Times Company | NYTimes.com 620 Eighth Avenue New York, NY 10018

Posted by: francoise@thefieldingcompanies.com

Visit Your Group

Yahoo! Groups
PrivacyUnsubscribeTerms of Use

Thank you for this, Francoise! Excellent read. Perfect analogy for Ron and Rand, Nirvana vs. Pearl Jam. Given my utter aversion for the likes of Rand Paul calling themselves "libertarian," I did appreciate this well written article's presentation of the movement as encompassing many versions of libertarianism.

However, whether the Libertarian Party survives this movement is another story, as liberty-leaning folk join Republicans in causes such as somewhat reducing government's size, reducing sentences for drug possession, or limiting the U.S involvement in foreign wars. Better half a loaf than no loaf: perhaps better to suffer through Rand Paul's personhood at conception Constitutional amendment or his Defense of Israel proposal than do nothing to curb at least a little government growth.

The article, I think, says it all in one sentence: "Democrats, Republicans, and libertarians," small "l."

Marcy