FW: [lpsf-discuss] Meeting with SF Examiner executive editor (Tuesday or Wednesday?)

Vivienne said she could see us at 1pm on Wednesday. Does that work for you Mike? Chris? Phil? Others? Please get back to me ASAP -- by phone is better than email, as I need to call her back the sooner the better, and I might not see an email message right away. My home number is (415) 621-7932; if you don't reach there, try me at (415) 368-8657. Sorry I did not see your message last night Mike...

Yours in liberty,
        <<< Starchild >>>

Mike Denny said he could meet tomorrow (Wednesday) at 1pm, and I didn't hear back from anyone else, so I went ahead and left a message for Vivienne saying that time works for us. I haven't gotten back final confirmation, but she already said that time was open for her, so we should assume the meeting is on.

If anyone other than Mike, Chris and Phil wishes to join us, please contact me first so I can let her know how many people to expect if we have any further communication. I told her before that we might have four or five, so we've actually got a good number if everyone who says they were interested attends, but one or two more shouldn't hurt if there's interest.

By the way, Vivienne (who has only been here from England a few months) previously asked me how the two party system got started in the United States. (This was in response to my complaining about their coverage making it appear as if there were only two parties.) I wasn't able to give her a terribly detailed historical answer; I did say that I thought the main reason was the "winner take all" electoral system in this country. Let me know if you have any good info on this. She is also interested in learning more about the Libertarian Party.

If you're attending, please try to think about some arguments that we might make as to why we deserve more and better coverage and why the Examiner should not be reporting in such a way that helps perpetuate the two-party cartel. You might also try to find some examples of stories that you either liked, or thought needed improving. I'm going to try to bring some in.

Yours in liberty,
        <<< Starchild >>>