Friday Sep. 9 Dinner party @ New Ganges

On FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 9, I will be hosting my regular monthly dinner party.

I'm now accepting reservations for this event.

Come on over for a FUN dinner, meet new friends, catch up on gossip with old friends. New Ganges is famous for its wide selection of yummy 'home made' Indian dishes rich with thrilling and exciting spices and good veggies. Of course, half the fun is socializing with the other cool and friendly people who'll show up.

Please be sure to RSVP to me No Later Than Thursday, september 8 if you want to go. When you reply, tell me (a) your best estimate of the probability that you'll actually show up and (b) whether you'll be sharing food with the group or ordering your own.

New Ganges, 775 Frederick St. (at Arguello) We'll gather at 6:30pm and start ordering by 6:50pm. We will simply order from the menu. Family Style. Cost will be split among the participants -- cost should be about $14-$17 each.

The best way to get there is by public transport, Take the N muni train to Arguello (where the tracks kink, near UCSF), then just stroll a block north (downhill) to Frederick (across from GG park), cross Arguello and walk east a bit. By BART just get off at Embarcadero and catch the N train outbound. Email me for Caltrain directions or specifics from other parts of town.

Looking forward to seeing y'all.

Dave G.
dg2222@...

NOTE: this is not exclusively a libertarian event but includes many fun people from my various hobbies and interests.

Rats... I already have a date that evening. This isn't the one with the LPSF as featured group, is it? Hopefully that's next time and I'll be able to go.

<<< Starchild >>>

Many thanks for the invitation; Friday is one of my in-violate nights in the gym. "No can do."
This brings to mind a question that I have pondered periodically, and that is, why is it that all of the LPSF and related events that are held at a restaurant are always at an Indian venue? It is not that I dislike Indians or anything like that, but a little variety never hurt anyone. As I personally am not partial to Indian cuisine per say, I had to ask.

Thank you,
Leilani Wright, Ph.D

Starchild <sfdreamer@...> wrote:
      Rats... I already have a date that evening. This isn't the one with
the LPSF as featured group, is it? Hopefully that's next time and I'll
be able to go.

<<< Starchild >>>

Hi Leilani,

Good to hear from you. Actually this isn't an LPSF event per se, just a vegetarian social that Dave Goggin organizes periodically and has invited Libertarians to take part in; the last one was at a Chinese place. It may be that Asian restaurants in general are more likely to have good vegetarian options. I know the desire for vegetarian fare was a factor in the Activist Forum being held at Maharani and Sheesh Mahal, since Michael Edelstein, who is a vegetarian as am I, recommended those venues to me. I would point out that our regular monthly meetings are held at a pizza restaurant which is not Indian, but acknowledge that a lot of our other events have been at Indian places. Personally I love Indian food, but I agree with you that it's good for us to have variety, especially for those who may not be so fond of it.

Yours in liberty,
        <<< Starchild >>>

Many thanks for the invitation; Friday is one of my in-violate nights in the gym. "No can do."
This brings to mind a question that I have pondered periodically, and that is, why is it that all of the LPSF and related events that are held at a restaurant are always at an Indian venue? It is not that I dislike Indians or anything like that, but a little variety never hurt anyone. As I personally am not partial to Indian cuisine per say, I had to ask.

Thank you,
Leilani Wright, Ph.D

Rats\.\.\. I already have a date that evening\. This isn&#39;t the one with

the LPSF as featured group, is it? Hopefully that's next time and I'll
be able to go.

&lt;&lt;&lt; Starchild &gt;&gt;&gt;

> On FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 9, I will be hosting my regular monthly dinner
> party.
>
> I'm now accepting reservations for this event.
>
> Come on over for a FUN dinner, meet new friends, catch up on gossip
> with old
> friends. New Ganges is famous for its wide selection of yummy 'home
> made'
> Indian dishes rich with thrilling and exciting spices and good
> veggies. Of
> course, half the fun is socializing with the other cool and friendly
> people
> who'll show up.
>
> Please be sure to RSVP to me No Later Than Thursday, september 8 if
> you want
> to go. When you reply, tell me (a) your best estimate of the
> probability
> that you'll actually show up and (b) whether you'll be sharing food
> with the
> group or ordering your own.
>
> New Ganges, 775 Frederick St. (at Arguello) We'll gather at 6:30pm and
> start
> ordering by 6:50pm. We will simply order from the menu. Family Style.
> Cost will be split among the participants -- cost should be about
> $14-$17
> each.
>
> The best way to get there is by public transport, Take the N muni
> train to
> Arguello (where the tracks kink, near UCSF), then just stroll a block
> north
> (downhill) to Frederick (across from GG park), cross Arguello and walk
> east
> a bit. By BART just get off at Embarcadero and catch the N train
> outbound.
> Email me for Caltrain directions or specifics from other parts of town.
>
> Looking forward to seeing y'all.
>
> Dave G.
> dg2222@...
>
> NOTE: this is not exclusively a libertarian event but includes many fun
> people from my various hobbies and interests.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

<image.tiff>

Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

<image.tiff>

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

+ Visit your group "lpsf-discuss" on the web.

+ To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
lpsf-discuss-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

+ Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

<image.tiff>

Thank you Starchild for the response. Although I have not attended an LPSF meeting for a time, I have not forgotten it's location. Pizza is not now a part of my dietary selections, as I have lost 40 pounds with the help of God and my personal trainer/friend/licensed nutritionist. So the next meeting I attend (which I hope will be very soon,) I will have to be vigilant. (I love Pizza.) Although I have in fact graduated, I am taking post-doctoral courses, work-out intensely, (I have rather ambitious plans for my Halloween costume,) will be starting classes to return to the Catholic church, and have started a friendship with a new, wonderful guy, I should be able to find the time to attend. I look forward to seeing you again.

Best wishes to all,
Leilani
Hi Leilani,

Good to hear from you. Actually this isn't an LPSF event per se, just
a vegetarian social that Dave Goggin organizes periodically and has
invited Libertarians to take part in; the last one was at a Chinese
place. It may be that Asian restaurants in general are more likely to
have good vegetarian options. I know the desire for vegetarian fare was
a factor in the Activist Forum being held at Maharani and Sheesh Mahal,
since Michael Edelstein, who is a vegetarian as am I, recommended those
venues to me. I would point out that our regular monthly meetings are
held at a pizza restaurant which is not Indian, but acknowledge that a
lot of our other events have been at Indian places. Personally I love
Indian food, but I agree with you that it's good for us to have
variety, especially for those who may not be so fond of it.

Yours in liberty,
<<< Starchild >>>