Free Ross Ulbricht!

There is currently an effort underway to get President Trump to pardon Ross Ulbricht, the libertarian founder of the underground "Silk Road" website that people used to buy and sell black market items. In a massive miscarriage of justice, Ross is currently serving life in prison for a first-time, non-violent drug offense after being arrested right here in San Francisco at the Glen Park library.

Donald Trump may be feeling anxious about the upcoming election right now and hoping to pick up some libertarian votes by doing what he should have done three years ago, so the time for this campaign is ripe. (I heard it recently reported, true or not I don't know, that Trump may be considering a pardon for Edward Snowden, which would also be excellent.) Ross is of course not as high profile as the NSA whistleblower, but is currently jailed by the U.S. government and like Snowden is a freedom hero, and a prisoner of conscience who deserves our support.

I encourage everyone as individuals to go and sign the petition at https://freeross.org/, where you can also learn more about Ross's case. While visiting and signing, I noticed that the site has a page listing a bunch of organizations that are supporting this effort, so I am also proposing that the LPSF also sign on in support of a pardon for Ross Ulbricht as an organization.

Please discuss on LPSF-discuss@yahoogroups.com and/or lpsf-list@meetup.com if desired, and officers (Jeff, Richard, Greg) please vote on the Activists list on whether to approve the LPSF lending our group's name to this effort.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))
Chair, Libertarian Party of San Francisco
www.LPSF.org
@SanFranciscoLP
www.Facebook.com/LPSF1
wwww.Meetup.com/The-LPSF
(415) 625-FREE

Libertarian for State Assembly (Dist. 17)
starchild.forliberty.org

I don't belong to these other lists but I do support the LPSF supporting this as an organization
Françoise Fielding, Esq., Apt 15H, 166 East 63rd St, New York, NY 10065. Cell: 415-310-6128

I support the LPSF joining the list of org's to free Ulbricht.

Ditto

Mike

Ditto here too.