Four million beneficiaries of birthright citizenship a year

Ron,

I agree.

But this is not rocket science. Each taxpayer should not be held responsible
for anyone else's needs except his own.

This is the essence of libertarianism, is it not?

Warm regards, Michael

I am joining Ron here in asking for a response of what the LPSF can DO specifically to bring about the philosophical "shoulds."

Marcy

Marcy,

My immediate hope is simply that we take the right position on an important issue like immigration and thereby do our part to help keep the Libertarian Party libertarian at a time when it is threatening to become more conservative and to abandon libertarian principles in the name of winning elections.

Towards that end, I'm prepared to make the case for freedom of movement as often as it seems to need to be made!

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))

Hi Starchild,

"Taking the right position" still sounds to me like philosophy rather than a plan for action; and at the risk of sounding like Chicken Little, I would venture to say that "when the time comes" is now.

As budgets crumble, fiat money to finance "programs" start drying up, and folks start seeing their freebies disappearing, cities and states will no doubt go the way of Arizona, or call for lunatic ideas such as changing the 14th Amendment. If Libertarians continue to call for "doing the right thing", instead of proposing concrete solutions (see my concrete solutions in an earlier post), then I doubt we will have much influence on what transpires.

Marcy

Marcy,

I didn't say anything about "when the time comes". The rights of migrants and would-be migrants are being violated now, and now is when I am standing up for them. Concrete solutions beyond education? Short of going down to the nearest national border and helping people get across it safely, I suppose we could collectively offer to sponsor some undocumented migrants.

Love & Liberty,
        ((( starchild )))

Dear Starchild

given the state of the LPSF treasury we can't support ourselves out of a wet
paper bag let alone sponsor non-documentados...

Ron Getty

Hi Starchild,

We are concerned about two different challenges. So, you work on the one you perceive, and I will work on the one I perceive!

Marcy

Hi Marcy;

I don't live in San Franscisco, but I understand it is a so-called 'sanctuary city'. As way of suggesting activism, I offer that you might review the city's policy and look for ways to lobby to extend it in light of the Arizona court decision (LOL maybe offering refugee status for immigrants from Arizona!)

Hi Eric,

Excellent idea! We do need to find more ways to irritate liberals, and your idea is perfect.

Marcy

Hi Marcy;

It would irritate both liberals AND conservatives, which would make it DOUBLY worthwhile. The liberals would be steamed because all their fake 'humanitarianism' would be exposed; and the conservatives would be infuriated because, while they're trying to co-opt the libertarian label, real libertarians would be helping immigrants, whom they hate!

I've always believed that having the right kind of enemies is just as important as having the right kinds of friends LOL