Flowers Report

Starchild and I picked up 4 dozen roses for $41.23 and 200 printed cards and met up with Raphael at City Hall for a few hours each day on Monday, Tuesday(?) and yesterday. The pace was slow as City Hall was only accepting them by appointment now. So we didn't run out of roses until yesterday. We used the extra time to hold signs and speak with other supporters. There was a small crowd of fellow supporters outside on Monday and yesterday there was a small crowd of supporters at the bottom of the main stairs inside City Hall that would cheer as newly wed couples came down.

The place had a very enthusiastic vibe and it was a great feeling to see the couples and to do something to support them. People walking down the street would stop to thank us for being there and cars driving by would honk and wave. If you haven't had a chance to go, I recommend it. It's the sort of thing that reminds your heart why you're doing political activism.

I think this also was great for the party. Yesterday, I gave a pair of roses to a couple and one asked if the roses were from the Homeland Foundation. I said they were from the Libertarian Party and she responded, "Well you've got my vote!".

I agree with Rob that the National and State LP should be putting out press releases and web site articles supporting what is happening in SF. This is the best opportunity that the LP has had (and perhaps is likely to have) in a long time.

Btw, The roses were $41.23 an and the cards were ~$45. So we still have a lot of money to spend on this but the pace of marriages is so slow that it's difficult to spend the money. If you have time to hand out roses I can help pick them up and provide cards for them, but Starchild and I have spent a lot of time on this and need to get back to work. Also, if you have any other suggestions on how we might use the remaining money, please post them.

Cheers,
-- Steve

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Starchild and I picked up 4 dozen roses for $41.23 and 200 printed
cards and met up with Raphael at City Hall for a few hours each day on
Monday, Tuesday(?) and yesterday.

This is great, Steve. I wish you'd told more of us first! I definitely
would've helped out.

I think this also was great for the party.

I agree!

Btw, The roses were $41.23 an and the cards were ~$45. So we still have
a lot of money to spend on this but the pace of marriages is so slow
that it's difficult to spend the money. If you have time to hand out
roses I can help pick them up and provide cards for them, but Starchild
and I have spent a lot of time on this and need to get back to work.

Can you volunteer to set up shifts for anyone else who's interested? I can
do it just about any day next week, depending on time. Maybe a Yahoo!
calendar? If we have consecutive shifts, we can get a bunch of flowers and
just pass them on to the next group.

~Chris
- --
Christopher R. Maden, Chair, Libertarian Party of San Francisco
The Party of Principle: individual freedom and personal responsibility
<URL: http://www.lpsf.org/ > +1.415.775.LPSF
PGP Fingerprint: BBA6 4085 DED0 E176 D6D4 5DFC AC52 F825 AFEC 58DA

Sure, if there is enough interest. Who else is interested?

-- Steve