Draft of resolution condemning the raid on journalist Carmody's home and office in the Adachi affair on Carmody's home and office.

Thanks, Francoise! Looks good as far as it goes.

In the language of the "whereas" clause about the raid, we might also mention that the raid was conducted at 8:30am with a "no knock warrant" (as I think was mentioned at the meeting) and that police proceeded to search the apartment with drawn firearms, assuming we can verify these facts to our satisfaction.

I would also suggest an additional broad "whereas" clause before those listed, about the importance of press freedom generally:

Whereas freedom of the press, including the ability of journalists to gather and publish information without interference or intimidation at the hands of government officials, is crucial to a free society; and

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Very well written, Francoise. Thank you for taking the initiative to do this.

*Whereas freedom of the press, including the ability of journalists to gather and publish information without interference or intimidation at the hands of government officials, is crucial to a free society; and*

Great addition!

Nick

I like Starchild's addition.
Françoise Fielding, Esq., 820 Stanyan St. #5, San Francisco, CA 94117, 415-386-8643

Very well written, Francoise. Thank you for taking the initiative to do this.

Whereas freedom of the press, including the ability of journalists to gather and publish information without interference or intimidation at the hands of government officials, is crucial to a free society; and

Great addition!

Nick

Thanks, Francoise! Looks good as far as it goes.

In the language of the "whereas" clause about the raid, we might also mention that the raid was conducted at 8:30am with a "no knock warrant" (as I think was mentioned at the meeting) and that police proceeded to search the apartment with drawn firearms, assuming we can verify these facts to our satisfaction.

I would also suggest an additional broad "whereas" clause before those listed, about the importance of press freedom generally:

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

See below for email I sent to ExCom

Françoise Fielding, Esq., 820 Stanyan St. #5, San Francisco, CA 94117, 415-386-8643

Me too….excellent.

Mike