Draft article for LPSF.org [1 Attachment]

I wrote this and sent a link to it before our last meeting, neglecting to remember what Nick then reminded me, that I could only see it because I was logged in on the website and not all of our activists have log-ins. He just reminded me again about getting it published (thanks Nick!), so still being interested in any feedback first, I've copied and pasted it below.

As a writer I'd welcome any thoughts on whether the piece works, i.e. is understandable, "hangs together" so to speak, or any suggested changes.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

P.S. – See also below or attached the graphic I cobbled together to go with it. What meaning if any does it convey to you?

I know the meaning is far from clear, and am curious to see whether anyone comes up with anything close to my artistic interpretation of it. If I had the art skills I would draw something that conveyed the concept better. This is when I wish we had a resident artist in our local activist group. Anyway, here's the essay...

ConfusciusSprint&State.jpg

I like it. I note also that when Confucius was asked if he would become emperor, he said he would rather go down with six or seven young boys to bathe in the river.

ConfusciusSprint&State.jpg

That's great, Mike. :slight_smile: You don't happen to have the exact wording or a link for that Confucius quote, do you? I'd like to add it to my quote file.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Glad you liked it, and that's a natural question. I was virtually certain I took it from A Source Book in Chinese Philosophy by W.-T. Chan (Princeton, 1963). But I can't find the quote now. My only other guess at present was The Tao of Politics by Thomas Cleary, but it isn't there either. The last time I used that quote was in 1991, and it was in conversation, not in writing. So I'm stumped for the moment, to my surprise, and I'm very sorry..

Gosh, I did not remember the story exactly that way. Could it be this?
Writings

>

Writings

Confucianism
>

>

>

Harland Harrison

Thanks Harland. That isn't the version I read. I have thought of one more possible source, but it will be a while before I can check it out.

Still no luck. I’m sure I didn’t make it up, but it’s been almost 30 years since I read any Chinese philosophy, and it’s even possible I no longer have the book where I found that quote. :frowning:

Nobody made any suggestions for changes, so I guess so, sure.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))