Did The Homeless take over the Civic Center Public Library?

Hello all,

When I visited your fair city in November 2011, I met LPSF members Marcy Berry, Michael Edelstein, Aubrey Freedman and Starchild, a meeting I still fondly remember. (Hey guys! Who loves ya?)

I also remember, less fondly, my visits to the Civic Center branch of the SF Public Library. I was most impressed by the immensity of the building, its architecture and the resources in the library. In fact, I still have my SF Public Library card which I procured when I visited the branch. I had to show ID and pay $10, which was good for 30 days. I suppose I could renew it should I visit SF again, hopefully in the near future.

Anyhow, I was listening to Michael Savage today ("The Savage Nation") and he ranted about SF being among the more, if not among the most, corrupt cities in the US. I didn't focus on his other reasons, but I did hear him say that the Civic Center branch of the SF Public Library has been taken over by The Homeless. (In NYC, the proper pronunciation is "The Hom-less.")

According to Mr. Savage, ordinary SF citizens could no longer stay in the library because of the stench the Homeless emit. And no one may criticize this situation, because it's considered improper since SF's Elite Liberals consider the Homeless their mascots, "living proof," the results, of the callousness of, you guess it, capitalism. Thus the Homeless have virtually taken over the library. According to Mr. Savage, the Homeless defecate in wash basins, wash themselves with water from the toilets, urinate and defecate on books.

Question: Is Mr. Savage overstating the situation or is he, or his sources, spot on correct?

(During my visit in Nov 2011, the OWS people had taken over downtown Oakland. I thought of chartering a few buses and inviting the Homeless to help the OWS in Oakland with the promise of a free lunch (no such a thing, right?). When busloads take the bait and arrive in Oakland, the drivers would drive away since I only paid for one way fares. The result: I'll leave that up to your furtive imaginations.)

Thanks for reading.

Alton

Hello Alton,

Mr. Savage is certainly a colorful individual! A direct response to your inquiry, from my perspective, would be "no." A more elaborate answer to the two separate subjects you address, would be,

1) I would replace the word "corrupt" with "expedient." Presently, our fearless leaders find themselves in the untenable position of having the opportunity to rule over a goodly percentage of the 1% crowd, while needing to keep their voter base of the downtrodden in place.

2) Thus, they provide magnificent public places, such as the Main Library, wail against the unfortunate urination all over the books, and provide just enough of an attempt to control the situation to keep the non-homeless patrons reasonably content. LPSF holds it's monthly business meetings at the Main Library, and I believe we count ourselves among the reasonably content -- proof positive of City Hall's expedient leadership.

Hope you will have a chance to pay a return visit to our fair City soon.

Regards,

Marcy

Hi Marcy,

I apologize for the tardiness of my reply to your reply, which I thank you for and which I can best describe as "wily." :-o

I agree when you said, "Mr. Savage is certainly a colorful individual!" If I'm not mistaken, I think he's a full time resident of SF, so I think he has a self-interest in his rants against SF and he wants bring to light the "corruption" within SF.

Speaking of corruption, you said, "I would replace the word "corrupt" with "expedient.' " To support this, you said, "Presently, our fearless leaders find themselves in the untenable position of having the opportunity to rule over a goodly percentage of the 1% crowd, while needing to keep their voter base of the downtrodden in place." Ah. Here are fine examples of your wiliness.

Still, I've since listened to other "Savage Nation" broadcasts, and I've gathered these evidence that Mr. Savage present to prove that SF is the most corrupt city in the nation: 1) The 750 pieces of Fine Art, supposedly city property, that have gone missing. 2) "Fire Girls," women hired as firefighters, "affirmative action hires," who receive $300,000 salaries, but perform no firefighting duties. 3) The Feinstein-Pelosi nexus that represents the near complete takeover by Democrats of California, especially in SF, with hardly any opposition. 4) No oppostion media within SF, especially among the newspapers. 5) The no-bid construction job given to insiders to build the "Subway to Nowhere," an extension from Chinatown to North Beach. 6) The "Barnum & Bailey" make-up of employees, i.e., unqualified "clowns" hired for political correctness, within SF's uniformed services, such as Police, and Firefighters (see: "Fire Girls" above). 7) Two words: Leland Yee.

Marcy, do you think Mr. Savage has enough reasons to label SF among the most corrupt cities in America? (If you want to speak with him during his radio broadcast, you could call him at: 855-400-7582. Good luck getting on.)

As for your comments about the SF Main Library:

<< 2) Thus, they provide magnificent public places, such as the Main Library, wail against the unfortunate urination all over the books, and provide just enough of an attempt to control the situation to keep the non-homeless patrons reasonably content. LPSF holds it's monthly business meetings at the Main Library, and I believe we count ourselves among the reasonably content -- proof positive of City Hall's expedient leadership. >>
It seems you're saying the "Homeless Situation" is under control, or at least that Mr. Savage overstated the situation as I previously presented. If so, I'm glad to know this. BTW, when LPSF hold its monthly business meetings at the Main Library, how many Homeless do you have to shoo away from your meeting room? How do you deodorize and disinfect before your meetings? Who pays for this service?

Here's an idea for the Homeless Situation. Since SF's City Hall, a fine gold-domed edifice, is close to the Main Library, why not transfer the Homeless there? I'm certain there's plenty of unused space there, as are rest rooms. I think there's also a commissary there, which can serve the Homeless free meals. Just a thought.

<< Hope you will have a chance to pay a return visit to our fair City soon. >>

Thank you for the sentiment. I do hope to return to your fair City soon, but I'm apprehensive of the kind of shape I may find SF upon my return, then. Still, though I'm a devout atheist, I will pray for SF. :-p

Lest I forget, on a different, but related subject, yesterday, I heard Mr. Savage, after he excoriated the Democrats and Republicans, as he is wont to do, declared himself an "independent-conservative." I tried to call him and suggest that he consider the Libertarian Party, but I couldn't get through. My point is, if there are other people who are similarly disgusted at "Demopublicans," and possibly also consider themselves "independent-conservatives," do you think this is a block of people the LP should seek out? I think it might be fruitful for the LP to do so.

Thanks again for your reply and for reading my reply.

Alton