Candidate event

I'm not sure what all you mean by "logistics" Michael, but here are the tasks I think we need done to have a solid candidate event:

• Set one or more dates/times (having more than one such event gives us more time, and more flexibility for invitees to attend)
• Set a location and/or an online link
• Find the contact info (email/phone) for as many as possible of the local and state candidates who will be on the November ballot in San Francisco
• Determine a procedure (first come, first serve?) and time slot for each candidate (10 minutes each, including a 2-minute intro and 8 minutes for Q&A?)
• Issue written invitations to these candidates (except David Chiu, since we already endorsed me in the Assembly dist. 17 race), and ask them to respond with their positions on the local and state ballot measures and info on any candidates they themselves are supporting
• Follow up with phone calls to those not responding by email
• Prepare some questions to ask at the event(s)
• Schedule time(s) for those who've listened to the candidates to vote on recommendations (I would suggest limiting voting to those who do take part in the events, as a way of encouraging Libertarian participation, which we need to make appearing seem worthwhile to candidates)

Can anyone think of anything I'm missing?

Michael, would you be willing to start by researching and compiling the contact info list? This could be useful anyway, even if we don't end up doing a candidate event or events. But I would prefer we do set up an event or events to interview candidates and make recommendations.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Starchild,

Logistics consists of all the tasks you’ve listed.

I'm not sure what all you mean by "logistics" Michael, but here are the tasks I think we need done to have a solid candidate event:

• Set one or more dates/times (having more than one such event gives us more time, and more flexibility for invitees to attend)
• Set a location and/or an online link
• Find the contact info (email/phone) for as many as possible of the local and state candidates who will be on the November ballot in San Francisco
• Determine a procedure (first come, first serve?) and time slot for each candidate (10 minutes each, including a 2-minute intro and 8 minutes for Q&A?)
• Issue written invitations to these candidates (except David Chiu, since we already endorsed me in the Assembly dist. 17 race), and ask them to respond with their positions on the local and state ballot measures and info on any candidates they themselves are supporting
• Follow up with phone calls to those not responding by email
• Prepare some questions to ask at the event(s)
• Schedule time(s) for those who've listened to the candidates to vote on recommendations (I would suggest limiting voting to those who do take part in the events, as a way of encouraging Libertarian participation, which we need to make appearing seem worthwhile to candidates)

Can anyone think of anything I'm missing?

Michael, would you be willing to start by researching and compiling the contact info list? This could be useful anyway, even if we don't end up doing a candidate event or events. But I would prefer we do set up an event or events to interview candidates and make recommendations.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

I see. Well, would you be willing to look up candidate names and contact info?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

Sure, Starchild.

Please give me one name to start and I’ll look him up and search for contact info.

I see. Well, would you be willing to look up candidate names and contact info?

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))