California now ranks dead last in administering COVID-19 vaccines

I’m not sure what the bottleneck is. Any ideas? My guess is that a lot of doses are allocated for pet projects of well connected people (“let’s save 100k doses to vaccinate people at the new Chase Center someday!”). Or, perhaps licensing requirements make it impossible to fill all the demand for people who can administer vaccines (you can learn to administer vaccines in 1 minute 35 seconds on YouTube). But, the government never fails to screw up in new and unexpected ways!

Perhaps we should advocate to the Governor to waive the licensing requirements in favor of an online training video instead?

Sounds good to me, Jeff. One of my suggestions to our guest speaker at this month’s meeting, restauranteur Johnny Metheny, was that he and other owners might volunteer to allow people to get vaccinated at their restaurants, as a gesture of public-minded goodwill as they seek to reopen. Having volunteers present to teach people how to administer vaccines could potentially be part of that.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

On Jan 22, 2021, at 3:42 PM, jeff via LPSF Forum wrote:

jeff
January 22
Perhaps we should advocate to the Governor to waive the licensing requirements in favor of an online training video instead?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

Previous Replies

jeff
January 22
I’m not sure what the bottleneck is. Any ideas? My guess is that a lot of doses are allocated for pet projects of well connected people (“let’s save 100k doses to vaccinate people at the new Chase Center someday!”). Or, perhaps licensing requirements make it impossible to fill all the demand for people who can administer vaccines (you can learn to administer vaccines in 1 minute 35 seconds on YouTube). But, the government never fails to screw up in new and unexpected ways!

SFGATE – 22 Jan 21

Alabama has leapfrogged California, leaving the Golden State with the nation’s lowest…

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Excellent, Johnny!

In other related news, SFist has a story about several outlets of one restaurant chain in the Bay Area, Chevy’s Fresh Mex, defying the ban on open-air dining:

Could use folks’ support in the comments section!

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

···

On Jan 23, 2021, at 12:29 AM, Johnny Metheny wrote:

Hey Starchild,

I am actually looking into how we could organize that. I’ll keep you updated on what I find.

Johnny

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 8:30 PM Starchild sfdreamer@earthlink.net wrote:

Sounds good to me, Jeff. One of my suggestions to our guest speaker at this month’s meeting, restauranteur Johnny Metheny, was that he and other owners might volunteer to allow people to get vaccinated at their restaurants, as a gesture of public-minded goodwill as they seek to reopen. Having volunteers present to teach people how to administer vaccines could potentially be part of that.

Love & Liberty,

((( starchild )))

On Jan 22, 2021, at 3:42 PM, jeff via LPSF Forum wrote:

jeff
January 22

Previous Replies

jeff
January 22

SFGATE – 22 Jan 21

Alabama has leapfrogged California, leaving the Golden State with the nation’s lowest…

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Johnny